Chapter Fifteen

The noise died down as soon as Luke stepped onto the makeshift stage at the northern edge of the field. He stood there for about 5 minutes without saying anything. In those 5 minutes, the people who were standing took their seats while those who wanted to remain standing stood upright.

I was among those who remained standing.

"Good evening Black Shadow Pack" Luke greeted, his voice loud enough for all of us to hear.

"Good evening Alpha" The pack chorused in reply.

"As you all know, today is our monthly bonfire. This bonfire as we all know is usually organised so we can all come out on the day of the full moon to celebrate our peaceful lives, to thank the creator for his creations and for our safety. It is to show our gratitude. Lastly, these monthly bonfires are for the introduction of new pack members" Luke went on to talk about the significance of carrying out the tradition on every full moon. He also made mention of the Alpha who had started the tradition and how the tradition had been on for over a century.

Watching Luke standing there, I was overwhelmed with a rush of emotions. After spending alot of time with him, I began to like him more than just a friend. I wasn't like all those girls who would keep quite about their feelings though. The moment I got a chance, I was going to confess my feelings.

I hope things turn out all right.

"Tonight, the pack is going to welcome two new members to the pack. First we have Amelia Banks who has decided to join our pack after being a rogue for three years. Her old pack had been unfavorable and she was forced to leave. I hope you all will be able to welcome her with open arms." He paused "Amelia, please come forward."

I walked towards Luke with all the confidence i could muster. Deep down in me i was nervous. There were so many pair of eyes staring at me but i didn't let me nervousness show.

I got to where Luke was and i was asked to recite the pack's oath of loyalty. Luke made a cut on both our palms which would disappear once the ritual was complete. Once our hands joined together i felt a pack link open and heard the howl of my wolf in my head followed by the howl of other wolves. My wolf was finally back and i was beyond overjoyed.

'I missed you too' she said

"Welcome to the pack, Amy" Luke mindlinked me

"Thank you, Alpha" i replied him through the mindlink.

"I thought i told you not to call me that when we're in private." He replied grumpily.

"I know Alpha"

"I can sense your wolf. She's back"

"Yup, she is"

We continued having a conversation even though we were in the mist of other people. By the time our conversation finished everyone wh9 wished to congratulate me had said their congratulations to me. I walked to the side to sit on the welcome chair I was directed to. I watched as the other new member was introduced. It was a newborn baby who had been born three days ago. There wasn't any need for the blood ritual since his parents were already a part of the pack.

His mother walked up to sit beside me while her mate returned to his original seat.

"Hi I'm Kate" she greeted me once she sat down.

"I'm Amelia and that's Matthew right" i smiled while pointing at the baby in her arms.

"Yes he's Matthew" she looked lovingly at the little bundle of joy in her arms. I would be lying if i said i wasn't jealous.

If Ryan had accepted me back then, I would have been a mother already.

We talked and talked till the end of the meeting. She told me all she could about herself and her mate, even about how they both met. He was originally from a neighboring pack and had moved over after they met.

Usually, it was the females who moved but sometimes the men moved to follow their mates. In Kate's case, her mate had already lost his family so he had no other attachment to his pack.

Katrina also informed me she was one of the pack nurses but was currently on maternity leave. I told her i was going to start working as a doctor. The fact that i was a doctor and she was a nurse further strengthened our growing friendship. She asked me to follow her to meet her other family and eat with them. I didn't complain since i wasn't ready to sit and eat all by myself.

After eating, Kate promised to show me around the pack more before leaving with her baby and mate. All the children started to leave too as it was already getting pretty late. The older generation also began to leave.

Even though more than half of the pack had already left, the whole place remained lively. There were people dancing in around the fire. I was yearning to join them but i was not bold enough to. Luke was no where to be found and since i wasn't close to anyone else, i was forced to sit aline while watching others have fun.

I could have left but I didn't.

"Amelia, how are you enjoying the party?" i turned around to see Luke standing beside me. My heart skipped a bit.

"It's pretty nice. I had fun chatting with Kate and her family." I told him while patting the empty log beside me signaling him to seat.

"I'm glad you're adjusting well"

"Luke"

"Yeah"

"Can i tell you something?"

"Yeah sure, you can tell me anything"

"Promise you won't get mad. I'm not trying to pressure you or force you to do anything but i just. I know I'm not suppose to feel this way because it's definitely too....."

"Hey Amy calm down. You can tell me anything. I'll listen." He interrupted me and took my hands.

I raised my head and was stuck staring into his blue eyes. My lips went dry when i saw his eyes dart down to my lips. I ended up staring at his lips too before going back to his eyes. He raises his eyes to meet mine while smiling at me.

"I really like you Amy"

"I like you Luke"

We froze looking at each before a big identical grin came onto our faces.

Yes yes yes!!

He likes me too.

I could hear my stupid wolf howling in my head.

"Do you want to dance? "he asked standing up. He didn't even wait for my reply before pulling me to the middle of the field.

We danced the whole night until my legs couldn't move anymore. Our wolves were quite active in our heads making their own conversations and howling here and there.