Chapter six

"Good morning" Luke greeted me as he walked into the office.

Just like i promised, i got here early this morning. Standing up i greeted him in return.

"So what's the whole story with that gir?l" Luke asked "i got a report from the pack doctor this morning and she informed me the girl's condition is pretty bad"

"My cousin is a sick fuck man."

Luke chuckled "That's an established fact

"In all the years of his life, this mistake is by far greater than all his previous ones" Luke sat down sensing the story was gettibg serious. "Carl was stupid enough to capture the wrong rogue. "

"According to Aunt Elena, she was tired and just wanted to take a walk away from the suffocating pack. She knew she crossed the territory but she just kept walking until a feral rogue found her. They both fought and Aunt managed to injure the it long enough to get away. She said she stumbled upon the kind girl who helped her. Aunt Elena cried as she told us how reluctant the girl had initially been but after her pleas, the girl helped. By  the time they got to the pack, aunt was too weak and fell unconscious. The pack attacked the poor girl thinking she was responsible. They have been abusing her for the past two months" i shook my head as i tried to get the memory of the girls broken body out of my mind. Luke didn't say anything so i kept talking and told him how she was nailed to a wooden stake and the degree of torture the girls bpdy showed.

"That's terrible" Luke growled out "When you said punished I didn't think it would be this bad. I expected at most some beating and whipping"

"To make matters worse, Carl isn't feeling a shred of guilt. The little form of guilt he expressed was extinguished by his mate. I knew from the way they were talking that they would most likely try to get rid of the girl. Those two are just going to end up wrecking the pack"

Luke let out a loud snarl and I could tell he was getting angry. His eyes kept changing between gold and blue while his body shook. His wolf wanted out. I stood up with my head bowed in respect so he wouldn't see me as a threat. From the corner of my eyes, i saw Luke run towards the balcony. He jumped down and dissapeared into the woods.

"Sorry man. My wolf just got agitated. Abuse and such stuff is still a wake spot since Lucy" i received Luke's message five minutes after his dissappearance. I had remained standing looking outside just incase.

"Its ok. I understand. Are you ok though?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I'll be okay" Now that i knew he was ok i flopped back on my seat.

My heart aches for Luke most of the time. He lost his mate 5 years ago  even before could be with her. We had just turned twenty when we were sent as a group to attack an illegal underground wolf ring. We found her in a cage dying. She looked so malnourished and was covered in her blood. She had smiled when Luke called her his mate. The only thing she said to Luke was her name and that she was sorry. She died in his arms and he was devasted. He totally lost control after one other captured rogue explained her origins. The rogue explained they had both been caught as teenagers and were forced to fight for their survival. Luke ran away with his mates dead body and only came back the next day after his wolf calmed down. He buried her on the pack burial grounds and the whole pack mourned with him. We all lost our luna even before we met her.

I was left all alone in the office and was forced to finish all the paper works since the others were absent. I rushed home to find my mate in the living room with my sister, my parents and Aunt. I was surprised they were all here because they never informed me they were coming to visit.

"What are you all doing here?" I asked. I sat down and wrapped my hand around my mate's waist. She instantly leaned on me so i kissed her on the forehead.

"What do you mean by that brother?" My sister Rachel asked with an eyeroll. She was a bit of a spoilt brat and always wanted things to her way. She hated it when people questioned her.

"My little beta is now a grown up man he doesn't want his mama anymore" i rolled my eyes at my mother's reply.

"Well babe, your family came to keep me company since you forgot all about me" Amanda said as she played with my fingers.

"I'm sorry Love. You know Luke and i are the only ones currently available. We had so much to do today but Luke lost control when i told him about what Carl did to the girl so i was stuck handling everything"

"Luke lost control? How's he now?" Rachel asked. Everyone knew how Rachel felt about Luke but sadly for her, Luke never saw her the same way.

"Yeah i guess he's fine now"

"Why did he loose control on the first place?"

"Have you forgotten about Lucy already"

"Oh i see"

"I still blame myself for everything that happened to her" Aunt Elena had her head down as she talked " The doctor tried their best removing as much silver and wolfbane as possible. She was put into an induced coma so her body could get rid of the ones left in her system and so she could geal faster. I know she's never going to be the same when she wakes up. She'll most likely hate me too"

"Don't think too much Elena. Everything will be fine. You'll see. Just stay positive." My mum reassured her.

"I'll try"

Some part of me blamed Aunt Elena for what happened. If she hadn't stupidly walked away from pack territory, none of these would have happened. I wanted to scream at her but i knew my parents would give me a good beating especially my dad. So i just kept my mouth shut and prayed for the well-being of the girl. I even had a feeling Aunt Elena was lying. Her eyes never looked staright at us whenever she recounted the events of that day. It felt like she was always dodging our eyes.

Did she really just go for a walk that day?

Why did she keep walking even after she noticed she crossed the territory?