Chapter Twenty-One

AMELIA'S POV

Once again, I sat in the mist of people as the workers ran around making sure the arrangements were perfect. Tonight's bonfire was my second bonfire since I joined the pack. New rogues were going to be introduced and some punishments were to be announced

Rachael's issue would also be announced to the whole pack today. In any other pack, killing a rogue was no issue but here, attacking and killing rogues unjustly amd for no reason was frowned upon and punishable. The rules stated that you could were only allowed to attack and kill rogues of they attack you first. And whenever you were attacked by a rogue, it was important to send out a mindlink and a mental image of your current situation. It was to serve as a proof of your reason for attack and so the pack patrol could help you.

In Rachael's case, she had quietly killed two rogues without a report. Not just that, she killed her own mate without any remorse. Even when she had been interrogated by Luke, she had laughed after saying she would rather die than be mated to a pathetic rogue. That had left her with some pretty nasty bruises since I was granted permission to be in the interrogation room with Luke and Adam.

Her punishment had not been decided since Luke was waiting for the Elders to choose a suitable one. The case had been kept silent and only important people knew about it. But today, Luke was going to announce it so everyone could know.

Caleb was also going to be punished for keeping it a secret but his punishment would be light according to what Adam said.

"Hey Amelia" Kate's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Kate" i stood up and gave her a hug

"Are you ok? I just heard what happened with Rachael".

"I'm fine Kate. I'm ok"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I..."

"Ok I understand. Talking about something that heartbreaking is close to impossible" with that i gave her a nod

"But it has been 3 whole days and you couldn't even tell me about your fight with Rachael. You know I'm always stuck with my baby and I don't pay attention to gossip. I only heard about today from my mate"

"I'm sorry. I was stuck in my head"

"I heard you almost killed her. How did you do that?" She looked so pleased with me.

"Kate" we both turned our heads to towards her mate. He was trying to calm a crying Matthew but it wasn'tworking out.

"Ok then...I'll see you later Amy. I'm still mad at you though" she patted me on shoulder before walking off.

I sat back on my seat with my thought scattered everywhere. The news about what happened with Rachael had gone round already. Almost everyone knew about my rejection and the fact that I was now with Luke. No one mentioned it to me though. Afterall, being rejection was a sad ordeal.

The bonfire soon began but i wasn't really paying attention. I was stuck in my thoughts of how things would have been if Rachael hadn't killed Ben and Tom. I would have met Luke earlier and i wouldn't have gone to that horrible pack. So many heartaches would have been avoided.

But Rachael hated rogues and wanted Luke.

".....i also have to inform you of bad news which involves Rachael from the Beta family" finally.

"Three days ago she started a fight with a fellow pack member which led to her almost dying. Luckily, i arrived there early to prevent it." The murmurs began but just a glare from Luke made them all silent.