Chapter Twenty

ADAM'S POV

"What is wrong with you?" I growled at Rachael. I couldn't believe my sister could be so stupid. Amelia had told only a few people about what happened with her true mate but now everyone in the pack knew about it.

"Why are you all protecting her? She's just an ungrateful bitch" the most dissapointing thing was the fact that she was not feeling any form of remorse.

"Shut up" Caleb yelled at her."You need to get it into your thick skull that Luke will never take you as a mate especially if you keep being like this."

Ouch

I knew my sister liked, no, loved Luke but i was hoping she would find her mate soon. Luke was never going to look her way

"That was because that slut seduced him"

"Rachael what is wrong with you? Don't you know you have your own mate? They've both already lost theirs and that's why they're together or are you going to reject your mate?"

"I don't have a mate" she smugly replied

"Why will you say that?"

"I just know" i was confused because that was totally unexpected.

"She killed him that's why" Caleb looked at her with the usual disgust he has whenever he sees her.

"What?"

"Shut up"

Rachael and i say at the same time.

"Caleb what did you just say?"

"Caleb shut up"

"Rachael i saw you that day"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Caleb go to the point" i urged him, ignoring Rachael.

"One day while i was on patrol i saw her kill her own mate"

"He's lying Adam. He's lying. I would never do that." Rachael looked so flustered, looking at me with begging eyes.

"Shut up. Let him talk" i yelled, allowing my Beta command slip.

"I was on patrol that evening when i caught whiff a two scents. One was familiar while the other one was a rogue. I approached the scents but was careful not to alert them. I heard their conversation. At that time they had just met but Rachael lied to him saying her brother would kill him if he finds out he was a rogue. After a while another rogue approached them and introduced himself as her mates brother. She acted so innocent and told them she was going to tell her brother and would be back for them. They told her they were going to leave first but return the next day. Just as they turned to leave she struck out with her claws and slashed their necks. They both didn't expect it and since she was one's mate, they totally let their guard down and that was how she managed to overpowered them. I watched them bleed to death too shocked to approach."

"I know I should have ran out to stop her but I remained frozen. I have been dying of guilt ever since."

"Rachael was so wicked. She walked away leaving their bodies. I felt pity as well as guilt for allowing Rachael harm them. But even if I rushed out, i wouldn't have been able to help them because she was fast and swift when slashing their neck with her claws. I couldn't leave them so buried them. I just didn't know how to tell you or Luke" Caleb narrated as Rachael remained mute from my Beta command.

"That's why your attitude towards her changed" i stated.

"I knew you loved her rotten so i couldn't bring myself to tell you. I'm so sorry."

"It's ok Caleb. Go to the pack house and wait for me. We need to talk to Luke."

"What about her?" He indicated towards Rachael.

"I'm taking her to the dungeon for now. She deserves to be punished for killing an innocent rogue. She could have just rejected him rather than kill him and his brother." i walked away dragging the still mute Rachael with me. She tried struggling but i held her tightly.

'Luke we have a serious problem' i mindlinked Luke as i walk towards the pack house after locking Rachael up.

'What happened?'

'It's about Rachael but we need to tell you immediately. I've already locked her up'

'Ok. I'm at the Alpha floor. I'll be waiting"

I get to the pack house to see Caleb waiting for me by the staircase.

Getting to the Alpha floor, we found Amelia awake, sitting on one the couches with Luke beside her.

"I'm so sorry Adam" Amelia got up apologizing.

"It's ok Amelia. She deserved it" Luke grumblef pulling her down to sit beside him.

"But..." she started to say again.

"Luke's right. She deserved it. Its ok i promise" i smiled at her taking a seat myself.

"So what's up?What did Rachael do?" Luke finally asked.

"She killed and mate and his brother because they were rogues."

"What?!!" Luke and Amelia exclaimed at the same time.

Caleb told them just exactly what he told me. Amelia's mouth was open in shock while Luke's face was frozen in disbelief.

"Caleb?" Amelia called out to him. I could see her fingers were tightly clenched as they laid on her laps.

"Yeah"

"You said the two rogues were brothers"

"Yeah that's what i heard from their conversation" There was a nervous look on Amelia's face.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be what I'm thinking. I hope she doesn't have any connection with those rogues.

"Can you please describe them? I knew two rogues who disappeared. I just want to be sure it wasn't them."

Caleb went silent but it was obvious the wheels in his head were turning and he was trying to remember "They both had really long black hair. They were both tall, Rachael's mate was about 6'1 while the other was shorter by a small margin. Also they were lean but still a bit muscular. For being rogues, they both looked okay. If Rachael hadn't murdered them, I believe they would have been good friends to us all."

"Did you?Did you hear their names by any chance?" Amelia asked with a shaky voice.

"I heard her call her mate Ben while the brother introduced himself as Tom"

"I'm going to kill that bitch" Amelia got up from her seat and began to pace.

"Amelia what's wrong? What happened?" Luke asked as he tried to pull her to sit. Amelia pulled herself away from his grasps wrapping her arms around herself.

"Did you know them?" He asked her.

"When i was living as a rogue, there were two brothers who took me in. They had gone scouting for a new place for us to live but never came back. They left me behind saying it was better for me stay incase there was danger ahead. They promised me one of them would return for me once they found a place. They never came back." Her tears turned into full blown sobs.

Luke got up, took her in his arms and carried her into the bedroom. I turned my head and connected eyes with Caleb.

"I am certain she will attempt to kill Rachael if they ever come across each other again" Caleb mindlinked me.

"Rachael needs to leave" i replied.

Rachael has been such a bad girl.