Chapter Thirteen

AMELIA'S POV

The forever gentleman, Luke, took me to the pack house this afternoon after showing me around the pack hospital. We had made plans to meet up this morning but he got delayed. I didn't mind as long as he still showed up. He didn't just show up, he showed up with a delicious strawberry cake. According to him, it was to celebrate my discharge from the hospital.

The head doctor, Gemma, had come to me yesterday after Luke left. She asked me about my experience and gave me a little test before she finally decided i could work as a pack doctor. She told me a bit about the pack hospital. I learnt they had a total 3 doctors before I showed up and 12 nurses. One of the nurses was on maternity leave since she just had a baby. She expressed the fact that they had been searching for more doctors but sadly there had be no one willing.

Just before we arrived at the pack house,, Luke took the opportunity to drive me around the pack. He showed me the various buildings i needed to know about like the school, his office, some stores etc. He even introduced me to some people we met on the way as a new member of the pack and they were all so welcoming.

When we arrived at the pack house, he showed me the various kitchens (three smaller ones and a bigger one beside the dining hall), the laundry room, the dinning hall, living room, and the bathrooms. The pack house housed single mateless wolves. The pack members were qualified to apply for a room here once they crossed the age of 15 and they could stay until they find their mates. After finding mates, they were to apply for a personal house or for land to build on by themselves.

"Do you like this room?" The room Luke took me was definitely my taste. The walls of the room were painted a soft blue. There was a queen sized bed in the middle with two nightstands by both sides of the bed. The bed was covered with a white and light blue bed sheet. A dark blue comforter was folded and placed just below the pillows. There was a floor length mirror opposite the bed and a white wardrobe was situated beside the mirror. A white reading table and chair were placed beside the window which had the view of the forest.

Every other thing from the curtains to the shelf to the carpet were all in both blue and white colours. I was sure this room initially belonged to someone because of the arrangement. It was just too perfect to be something Luke put together yesterday

"I really like it. Has this room always been like this or did you just work on it?" I looked at him curiously. "Although I doubt it was just worked on"

"Well this used to be my room when i first decided to stay in the pack house. I only moved up to the Alpha quarters after i became Alpha. No one touched the room since then but it was usually cleaned up. I thought you might like it since you're a fan of white and blue too" i could see a faint redness on the tip of his ears as he avoided my gaze at the end of his explanation.

"Thank you Luke. I really like it" i smiled widely at him as i walk further into the room.

The only thing that bugged me was that the bathrooms weren't attcahed to the rooms. There were several bathrooms on every floor that were shared. I hated the idea of sharing bathrooms because at my old pack those were usually the dirtiest places. I had always made sure i washed them personally before use. I hope it wouldn't be the same here.

"I'm glad you do" he replied softly "so you will officially become a pack member at the bonfire tonight."

"And here i know you don't have any cash right now so you can use this to get yourself some stuff" he said while handing me a card.

"Oh no i cant take this"i tried to reject but he forced it into my hands.

"Amelia, every pack member gets a bank account with some money in it as soon they start living away from their parents. It is a form of support and even new pack members are more eligible to receiving new cards. You're free to spend it however you like but it isn't enough to last for more than six months so you have to work to earn more. Oh and here's all the details of your account and everything you need to know."he handed me a piece of paper that had been tucked into his jean pocket.

The paper contained some information about my new job and about the new bank account set up for me including its pin. I probably had to change the pin for privacy. The paper also contained the names of important people in the pack and other stuff. I quickly scanned through it before putting it on the bed.

"I have some work to do right now but i'll see you later" Luke said before stepping out of the room.

'I need new clothes' and that was the first thought i had once Luke left. I needed something to wear for now before i could go on a shopping spree for more. Luckily Luke had shown me around the pack before bringing me to the pack house. It was a short distance from here to the line of clothing stores.

I went out to buy some clothes as well as other accessories and was pleasantly surprised no one screamed rogue when they saw me. The had only glanced at me curiously, said few words of greetings before looking away.

I asked the lady at the clothing store why they weren't so afraid and she told me there had already been a message passed round the pack saying there was a pack member and besides some people already saw me with Luke.

I was very happy i was going to be a part of this pack. Everywhere was peaceful and the people i had interacted with were all welcoming. Luke was not lying when he told me i would be comfortable here. Now all i had to wait for was the bonfire.

I can't wait to settle down and make more friends.