Chapter Twenty-Two

LUKE'S POV

After Rachael disappeared, there was a bit of tension in the pack especially since no one knew how she escaped. The guard himself didn't know what happened. He had suffered quite a hard blow to his head. It would have been easier if we could detect a smell but the problem was the person cleverly covered his or her smell.

Adam was the first to suspect his parents. He believed their parents would not just sit back and allow their spoilt baby girl to be punished. Gabriel and Cindy were taking for interrogation but they both firmly denied. Adam's relationship with his parents became tensed after the interrogation.

To make matters worst, Ryan was coming today and i knew things wouldn't be so easy for Amelia. She assured me she had already moved on but i was still scared. They were both true mates afterall. What if when they see each other after so long they both get pulled into one another again?

"Amelia are you sure you're ok with this?" I asked looking at Amelia worriedly.

"I'm fine. You're here with me."She said smiling up at me.

"What if he decides to leave Beth for you? You're both true mates"

"Luke i don't care what Ryan thinks. I have absolutely no feelings for him anymore. He sent me away when i needed someone and now that i have someone he has no right to ask for me. I won't go back to him even if I'm at death's door" she squeezed my hands as a form of confirmation.

I put my arm around her and let her lean on my body while we waited for Ryan and his family to arrive.

My parents were here as well and i knew they definitely heard our conversation. My parents were happy Amelia and i found each other. They even treated her like their own daughter while I'm pushed away.

A black range rover soon pulled up and parks in front of us. Ryan was the first to step of the car before his parents stepped down. Desmond was asleep in Ryan's arms. I couldn't see Beth though.

Something must be wrong.

They step towards us and the moment they spot Amelia they all froze. I acted nonchalantly as if i didn't know what was wrong.

"Amelia" Ryan said in shock.

"Alpha Ryan" Amelia replied curtly.

"What are you doing here?" He asked

"We should probably go inside" my mother stepped in.

I walked towards the stairs leading them to the guest suite they normally resided whenever they visited.

'Are you ok?'i mindlinked Amelia.

'Perfect. I told you i don't feel anything for him anymore'

'Good'

'I'm surprised Beth isn't here'

'Yeah me too. I wonder what happened'

'Maybe they had a serious fight.'

My conversation with Amelia was cut short when we arrived at our destination. We all shuffled into the room and sat down while Amelia went towards the kitchen. When she came back, she distributed cold drink to everyone.

"So Ryan where's Beth?"i asked pulling Amelia to sit besides me.

"She left" his mum says when Ryan kept his mouth shut.

"She left?" I asked confused. Ryan and Beth have always been all over each other the few times i saw her. I used to be jealous when i saw them together.

I mean Ryan even rejected his original mate for Beth so the thought of Beth leaving Ryan and their son was a big surprise to me.

"We weren't true mates" Ryan said after a while.

"Oh" i acted like i didn't know that piece information.

"Yeah. She found her true mates 2weeks ago so she left with him" Ryan kept staring at Amelia while Amelia acted as though he was a block of wood. She intentionally leaned further into my chest.

"That's surprising. I mean you both loved totally into each other i didn't expect something like this even without you guys not being mates"

"Yeah i thought we could make it too but she said she wanted something more"

"So she left her own son too"

"She said she didn't want anything to hinder her time with her mate"

"So what are you going to do?"

"Luke"

"I'm here"

"Can i talk to Amelia for a moment?"

Amelia pressed herself more into me and i understood maybe she didn't want to talk to him.

"Why do you want talk to my mate?"

"Your mate? She's my mate"

"I'm not yours" Amelia growled at him

"Amelia please I'm sorry" If he believed he could bounce out of nowhere and get Amelia back then he was more insane than I originally thought. Just because Beth ran off with her true mate didn't mean he could just take back Amelia as if she was his property.

"Sorry?"

"Were you sorry when you banished me?"

"Please just.."

"I don't care. To me you're nothing but my old Alpha who banished me unjustly." Amelia stormed out right after that. I remained standing because Amelia was in need of some space and it would not be so nice to crowd her at this moment.

"I'm honestly disappointed in you Ryan." I shook my head at him.

"I made a big mistake but now i know i was wrong. I want her back"

"You're too late. She's mine now"

"But Luke..."

"Your son rejected and banished her. Do you guys have any idea what she's been through? and now you just barge in and act like you want her back."

"But now he and needs her"

"Needs her for what?"

"To help me with Desmond. I can't raise him on my own and i need a mate"

"So you just want her as a baby sitter?"

"Ofcourse not. She would be there for me too."

"Well we both already moved on with each other"

"She's not your mate. Your fucking mate is dead and buried." He stood up pointing at me with his face full or rage.

"Yes. Lucy died and left a hole in my heart but then i met an amazing woman like Amelia. She's already mine now and there's nowhere in hell I'm going to let you seperate us. She was yours but you abandoned her."

"Luke please Ryan needs his mate" his mother tried pleading.

"Amelia is not going back with you. She and my son are together now. Ryan had his chance but he left her for someone else." My mum said sternly

"I never expected you both to allow him do something like that and when Amelia decides to move you all come barging in." Dad added.

I really should go find Amelia now.

I stepped outside only to come face to face with Amelia. She must have just stepped out to get some air.

Or was she waiting for me.

I was so stupid I didn't notice.

She most likely heard everything too.

"Can we go somewhere please?" She asked with a small smile on her face.

A smile that proved to me she was okay.

"Yeah come on. Let's go."