Chapter Seven

The hours rolled by and became days, days became weeks, and the weeks became months. It has been 4 months since my Aunt's arrival. As time went by Aunt demanded we called the rogue girl Anna when we all kept referring to her as 'The Girl'.

Amanda, my mate finally delivered our pup and the little monster has kept us awake for days. I had cried the first time I saw his ugly scrunched up face. My mum had wacked me in the head for calling the baby ugly.

"He's just a few hours old. His face would eventually stop looking like this so stop crying or you'll make Amanda feel bad" she had told me after pulling me out of the room with my ears

Just like she said, his features began taking shape about 2 weeks after his birth. Now he looked more like a combination of Amanda and i. In my opinion he looked more like Amanda but she believed otherwise. She believed he looked more like me. We even had a stupid argument over it which ended with us accepting he looked like both of us.

I was glad no other major event took place in these last months. The only eventful thing that happened was the visit from Carl. He had come hoping to get my dad's permission to take  Aunt Elena back. Against his expectations, Aunt Elena and my dad gave him the beating of life before chasing him away.

Today was the death anniversary of Lucy, Luke's mate. Every year on this day, he would shut himself away for the whole day. Caleb, the gamma, and  i tried to be there for him in anyway possible. He would push us away, ask us to leave but we would refuse and seat outside waiting for him to feel better.

This year however, things were different because Caleb was unavailable. Caleb had taken time off to search for his mate. He had requested for six months and these six months would be coming to an end soon. Sadly there has been no news of him finding his mate.

This year was also different because Luke was not in his room when i went over this morning. I mindlinked him over and over again but his barrier was up so he couldn't get any of my messages. For hours I searched for him in the whole pack until i decided to finally sniff him out. If my eyes couldn't find them then maybe my nose would do the trick.

30 minutes later i found myself standing outside Anna's hospital room. What was Luke doing in here?

I opened the door slowly and was surprised because the Luke i have been searching for was fast asleep in Anna's room.I walked closer to him and after seconds of deliberation, I decidedto wake him up.

"Luke, Luke wake up"i whispered silenty as i shook him awake.

"Go away" he replied groggily, trying to change his sleeping position.

"Luke get the fuck up"i bent down to his face level whispered directly into his ears.  This did the trick for me.

"I fucking hate you." He stood up from the chair he had been sleeping on. How could he even sleep so comfortably?

"Come on let's go outside. I don't want you disturbing Anna." Luke sent aggressive glares my way before matching out of the room.

"What were you doing in there?" I couldn't help but ask once we were outside the room.

"I don't really remember how i got here." He said running his hand through his hair "One moment i was in my room crying my eyes out and the next thing i found my self here." A small smile appeared on his lips "I talked to her Adam and she actually listened."

Okay......

"You know she's in a coma right?" I asked with raised eyebrows

"I know. I know but you have to believe me man. When i started talking it felt like she was actually listening. Even my wolf was content. Every trace of anger dissapeared and i felt at ease. I don't even remember falling asleep"

Weird. But I didn't tell him that. He might have just punched my nose off. I really didn't know what reply to give him so i just shrugged and told him goodluck with a pat on the shoulder.

"Why were you looking for me anyway?" He asked looking at me

"I was worried about you. Today means a lot to you and you Caleb and I would never leave you alone in your moment of pain. I wanted to make sure you were ok and keep you company." I replied sheepishly. I know he didn't like it when we watched over him whenever it was her death anniversary but i couldn't help it. He was my friend and my Alpha, it was my responsibility to make sure he was okay.

"You guys will never leave me alone" he looked at me with stink eyes but i just burst out laughing. I'm surprised he didn't burst out in anger. That was his normal reaction. I came to the conclusion that after spending time pouring his heart out he was feeling lighter