Chapter Twenty-five

ELENA'S POV

Ever since the death of my mate, life was disastrous. I considered ending my life a couple of times especially after i almost caused the death of the innocent girl, Amelia.

I have never been able to get the image of how my soon nailed her against a pole. She looked horrible that day all because of me.

I knew Carl was just carrying out his anger on her because any normal werewolf would know that Amelia isn't a killer.

Besides, if she really wanted to kill me, she wouldn't have taken me back to the pack when she knew she could be killed.

But Carl was so disappointing he decided to blame the young girl.

As much as I would like to push blames, it is also partly my fault. If I wasn't so stupid this wouldn't have. I couldn't even bring myself to tell my family the truth. I lied to them that I just wandered off when I obviously wanted to kill myself.

More disappointing was the issue with Rachael. I couldn't believe she would really kill her own mate.

Didn't she feel the emptiness?

Didn't she even feel guilty?

Now the entire family has been covered in unease since Adam suspects his parents are responsible for the disappearance.

The sound of my phone ringing brings me back to reality. I was surprised Carl was calling me because since the last time i chased him away, he stopped disturbing.

"Hello" i said

"Mum" Carl's voice sounded so wrong like something bad happened

"What's wrong Carl?" I questioned trying as hard as i could to sound angry.

I was still angry at him for what he did but he was also my son. Regardless of what he did, I still loved him.

"Mum please come back i miss you"he said finally

"The girl you almost killed still won't forgive me and until she does I'm coming back"

"Do you think she ever will?"

"I'm not sure"

Carl reply never came as he hung up.

I really hope Amelia forgives me. I don't think I could ever enjoy life if she still hates me as much as she does.

AMELIA'S POV

Today was a free day for me so Luke and i decided to spend the whole day together.

In the morning, Luke went to the office to settled his work first while i prepared for our picnic. I found a very cute basket in one of the store rooms where I arranged our food and drinks.

Just before Luke came back, I emptied a large tub of ice cream. Well its not my fault though. He made me wait for so long.

When Luke finally came back, he took me to a beautiful lake located at the edge of the pack and i was beyond mesmerized. The moment we got close i took off my sundress and jumped into the water.

We had lots of fun in our wolf form playing chase and then we switched back to our human forms to swim again. I was to first to get tired and hungry. Thank God Luke had already set up the picnic mat the first time I jumped into the water. We were lucky no other animal was around or we have been robbed us off our food while we played like kids.

Towards the evening, we came back to the pack house and decided to relax outside on one of the many swings that could accommodate two people. Surprisingly there was no one around. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who secretly told everyone to stay away.

"Amy do you think our kids would be adorable?" Luke asked all of a sudden.

"I have always thought about how our kids would look. Even though i don't have a mental picture, I'm certain that with your amazing genes and mine they'll be the most adorable kids that have ever been born to this pack." I beamed at him.

Luke burst into laughter at my words and pressed a kiss against my cheek.

"I can see you look very ready to have our pups" he whispered into my ear.

Before i could reply we were interrupted and i jumped pushing Luke away.

I guess we were so occupied we didn't notice anyone approaching us until she was right in front of us.

Elena stood in front of us with a pitiful face. I wish this woman will just leave me alone. Doesn't she get the fact that I don't want to be around her.

"Alpha, please I would like to talk to Amelia" she said.

"I guess I should go then" Luke tries to stand up. I reach to grab him and pull him back down.

"You can please leave i don't want to talk to you" I glare at her hoping she would get the signal and just go away.

"Babe I know you're mad but please for my sake, for Adam's sake just talk to her" Luke whispers in my ear

"You can talk to me in front of him. It's ok" i say neutrally.

"Amelia, I know no matter how much I explain you're never going to forgive me but I just want to say I'm sorry" the next thing I know she's on her knees and in tears "If I wasn't for my selfishness to kill myself non of this would have happened to you. Please forgive me. Please forgive my son"

Thinking about it though, if it wasn't for her and her son I wouldn't have come to this wonderful pack. I wouldn't have met Luke.

Yes, her stupid decision as well as her son's stupid decisions almost cost me my life but it also led me to a better life.

I turn to look at Luke and he's looking at me already. He's practically begging me with his eyes to forgive her.

I really do not want to but I'm happy now and I think I need to let go.

Besides she needs to go back and straighten up her son.

"Elena, you can stand up" I try to lift her up but she shakes her head.

"No no I'm going to stay here until you forgive me"

Trying to force me in front of my love and an Alpha. Hmmm

"I think I have" that isn't coming out right " I have forgiven you. Infact I never really hated you. I know its not your fault for falling into a coma. I was just honestly disappointed at your decision.  Why would you try to kill yourself? Don't you think staying alive to straighten out your son is a much better idea?"

"I know. I regretted my decision the moment that feral attacked me." She looked up at me with one of the cutest doe eyes I have ever seen. Fuck how does she make those eyes?

I stood up from the swing and pulled her up.

"I know your son made me wish for death more than a thousand times. I know I swore never to forgive you but if you look closely, I probably wouldn't have come here if I didn't suffer in his hands"

"How can you be sure of that? You could have stumbled her all by yourself" She tried to argue back

"Nah I don't think I would have. So let's wipe off the slate. I'm only forgiving you for the fact that without all those suffering I wouldn't have met Luke." I turned to see the stupid Alpha smiling like a kid who got candy. "But even if i have forgiven you, I do not ever want to see your son or anyone related to that pack. I can tolerate seeing you but no one else"

"I understand. Thank you Amelia" Elena smiled through her tears.

"And lastly you need to go home and sort out that pack before your son becomes a monster along with everyone else"

"No problem"

I feel lighter. Like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders.