Chapter Fourteen

A knock on my door woke me up from my nap. The last thing i remember was trying to find what i was going to wear to the bonfire. I had no idea what the time was but i could tell it was late. It was already getting dark.

I opened the door to come face to face with an older lady who i remembered was Luke's mother. She had come to my hospital room one day while she was looking for her son. In my opinion she was the perfect Luna. Nice, strong with a perfect hint of authority. The few minutes I spent with her were calming.

"Hi Amelia. You remember me right?" She asked smiling brightly at me.

"Yes ma'am i do. You're Alpha Luke's mother, the old luna" i opened the door further "You can come in"

She walked in and looked around.  With a nod, she turned back to me "You can just call me Chloe no need for the ma'am. Luke informed me you were going to become an official member at the bonfire tonight."

"Yes but i really don't know what to wear. At my old pack we usually dressed up in whatever we wanted but i don't know if it's the same here"

"Good thing I showed up right on time" she chuckled "Here we all wear something white during our bonfires. I originally came to tell you this because i knew Luke would forget."

"I appreciate it a lot Chloe" i say smiling at her.

"It's ok. I'm going to head down to the general kitchen to help the ladies. I'll meet you later." Chloe said before opening the door to leave.

I immediately went to my wardrobe to take out the new white sundress and white sandals i had already planned to wear. I had fallen in love with the outfit when i saw it at the store so it was the first thing i bought. Now, finding out i had the right colour was a huge bonus point. I immediately took my towel, box of toiletries, my underwear along with the gown and headed to the bathroom.

I took a twenty minutes shower before i applied lotion to my body. I put on my underwears and tugged the sundress over my head before heading back to my room.

Of all the things that bastard did to me, the one that pained me the most was my hair. In the time I was in a coma, my hair grew to a significant amount. It wasn't up to my neck yet but it was getting there.

I properly brushed my short hair before i put on the new headband i got. I sit on my bed so i can wear my sandals. Looking outside the window i realise it has gotten darker and i was going to be late if I didn't hurry down.

I made a mental note to get a clock and phone tomorrow as i left my room.

I walk down the stairs and quietly sneaked out through one of the backdoors making sure nobody saw me. I was hoping not to bump into anyone at the moment.

Since i didn't know where to go as neither Luke nor his mother informed me, i listened carefully and walked towards the noisest place i could find.

The field i found was filled with over five hundred wolves all dressed in white. There was a big controlled fire in the middle of the field. A long table filled with all sorts of food was at one corner. Some people were already sitting on the arranged logs which faced a platform while others ran around tidying up the place. Others just stood and mingled around

"Amelia hey, over here" i turn my head to the side to see Luke waving at me. He was standing beside two young men, his mother and an older man who would most likely be his father. I walk towards them to see one of the young men looked rather familiar but i couldn't remember where i met him.

Luke walked up to me, obviously tired of waiting for me approach at my snail like pace. He took a hold of my hand and pulled me to walk faster.

"Hey slow down you asshole" i scolded him as he continuously pulled me forward.

"You were being a snail so i had to come help you." I heard the smile in his voice.

"Amelia I'd like you to meet my Dad Jeffery Henderson, the old Alpha" Luke introduced once we got there. Luke's dad, Jeffery stretched out his hand for a handsake.

"Nice to meet you sir" i said sofly shaking his hand.

"Its nice to finally meet you too. I heard you have warrior blood no wonder you have such a strong grip" he said to me while smiling.

"You've already met my mom"Luke continued with the introductions, pointing to his mum who waved at me. "These are my Beta and Gamma." He pointed at the other two guys.

"Hi I'm Caleb. The gamma. Its nice to meet you. I've heard a lot of things from our dear Alpha here" the taller one said as he smiled teasingly at Luke.

"Only the good things i hope" i jokingly said to him. By the side, Luke's parents began walking away, giving us space to talk.

"Forget the asshole. I'm Adam, the Beta. We met shortly at the new moon pack." The familiar one tells me. So that's why he looked familiar. He was the one who was asking Carl questions when he found me. I didn't see a good view of his face that day that's why it took me time to remember.

"Oh i remember now. You were the one the brought me here right. Thank you so much" i have no reason to hate him unlike some other person.

"I really didn't do much it was all Aunt Elena" Oh right, Luke had informed me he was that woman's nephew.

"Then you should extend my thanks to her because I'll prefer not to talk to her for now" i informed him, turning my head away. I wasn't ready to talk to that woman and i wasn't going to be ready anytime soon.

"I will pass the information to her"

"Amelia we're heading to go to the front. The party is about to begin. You just have to wait until you're called then you'll walk down the path in the middle towards me" Luke said changing the topic

"Okay" He gave my left hand, which had been in his hand this whole time right from when he pulled me over, a tight squeeze before walking away. Adam and Caleb waved at me before taking their leave as well.