Chapter Eighteen

"We're here" Luke announced as he tugged the blindfold off.

When my eyes adjusted, I was left in shock. The major field of the pack had been transformed into my perfect date spot. Pink,white and red rose petals were scattered everwhere. There was a speaker by the side playing soft music. The trees and poles around the field had colourful lightbulbs attached to them thus illuminating the whole place. At the middle of the field, there was a single table and a pair of chairs arranged.

"This is beautiful Luke" i smiled at him as we walked towards the center.

"I'm glad you like you. I spent the whole afternoon setting this up"

"The whole pack is going to figure us out soon" i said chuckling.

"I won't mind if they find out" Luke said, giving my hand a light squeeze

As we walked closer, I noticed there were two covered dishes at both ends of the table.

Getting to the center, Luke, the gentle man pulled out my chair and helped me take a seat.

"What's for dinner?" I asked as he sat at the other end of the table.

"I have no idea. Mum was the one who handled the food" Luke opened the lid of both plates. The pasta and fried chicken looked so inviting.

I used my fork to get a bit of the pasta into my mouth. I moaned as my taste buds rejoiced."This is soooooooooo delicious. Your mum's the best cook I've come across"

"That's one of the reasons I'm always crashing over there rather than at my own apartment" Luke said, opening up the champagne and filling our glasses.

"Sorry I started eating before you"

"It's fine. I don't mind"

"So how was your day?"

"It was okay. I had only 3 patients. A little boy fell of a tree and broke his leg. Two older boy got into a fight and gave themselves some bad bruises."

"I heard about the fight. They've both been punished to wash the pack dishes for the next two weeks"

"Boys hate washing duty"

"I know. That's why i gave it to them"

"Have i told you you look extra beautiful tonight?"

"Yes. You said it more than 10 times on our way here"

"and i'll say it continuously until you go to bed"

"Your mouth is yours"

"Amelia"

"Yeah"

"I'm happy i met you" Luke placed his palm on top of mine and intertwined our fingers.

"You're the best thing that has happened to me in a long time and I'd die before i let anyone take you away. I may not be fully in love with you yet but I'm getting there. I know it might be too soon but I want to spend the rest of my life with you Amy"

"Luke i don't think it's too soon. I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you. My wolf and i have already chosen you. We're never leaving." I tell him squeezing his fingers gently

We released each other hands and continued with our dinner. The music was still on and sometimes we would hum along with the songs.

Of all the dates we've gone to in the last few months, this was the best date we've ever had by a long margin.

Once we were done eating, someone i hadn't noticed before approached us.

"I hope you enjoyed the food" he said smiling