Chapter Twenty-four

AMELIA'S POV

"Okay Tracy you're all fixed up" i said as i tied the last knot of her bandage.

Little Tracy had fallen off a tree and sustained a big deep cut to her leg that needed stitches. The stitches would stay long but it was needed to allow the injury heal properly.

"Thank you Dr Amelia." Tracy grinned at me showing me the absence of her two front teeth.

"You're welcome sweetie. Now just lie down and rest for a bit while i go call your mum"

"Ok" she scooted backwards and layed down.

I walked out of the room and had a short discussion with her mum before heading towards my office.

I looked at the clock on the wall in the hallway and the time was already 4:47pm. Just 13minutes to my closing time.

Opening the door of my room, saying i was just shocked would be an understatement.

"What are you doing here?" I said angrily.

The idiot turned to me with pleading eyes which increased my disgust and anger all together.

"Amelia i just want to talk"

"You must be out of your mind. How many times do i have to make it clear that i don't want you anymore?"

"I know i know but please i need you"

"You must be out of your mind" i turned away from him and was approaching the door to my attached toilet when i was forcely slammed against the wall.

I didn't even have the strength to scream because i was totally disoriented. When I attempted to scream, he wrapped his hand around my neck and choked me.

"Since you won't come with me nicely i think i will just have to make you"

'Luke help me' i mindlinked.

'Amelia what's wrong I'm already close to the pack hospital i was already coming to see you'

'This bastard is trying to take advantage of me'

Luke cut of the mindlink immediately.

Ryan pushed me hard against the wall without giving me any way to fight. He ripped my lab coat apart and got close so i could feel his breath against my ear. His hand was still around my neck just a bit loosed.

"I tried to get you to come back and be a pretty little mate. I have pleaded with you enough so now I'm taking matters into my own hands."

He pulled his back from my neck and began to suck on my exposed neck, placing light kisses. I shivered in disgust. This bastard was trying to mark me.

I regret not taking any self defence classes.

I really want to shout so that someone can hear or something but i don't want this to escalate too much. I don't watch to create a spectacule for people to watch. Besides, Luke was already on his way.

Ryan begins to grind his hard-on against me and I'm anything but turned out.

How could he even get aroused in a situation like this?

Ah Rapists are just weird like that.

Where the fuck was Luke?

Just as Ryan is about to bite me, i hear the door burst open and Ryan is thrown off of me.

Luke and Ryan enter into a round of fists and people soon start rushing in to see from all the sounds they were making.

Well there goes my efforts of trying to keep this as quiet as possible. Maybe i should have just shouted in the first place.

"Please stop" i screamed at both of them. It's not like i care about Ryan but i don't want Luke to get hurt.

I mindlink Caleb and Adam to get here immediately because Luke and Ryan didn't look like they were going to stop anytime soon.

"You guys need to stop" i screamed again.

They were both bleeding badly already and no one was brave enough to intervene.

Who would want to step between two Alpha's fighting?

I didn't think Caleb and Adam were going to get here soon enough so the stupid me decided it was ok to intervene.

I didn't know how but miraculously i was able to pull Luke away from Ryan but i wasn't fast enough to stop the blow that was originally meant for Luke.

Ryan's punch hit me so hard on the temple i fell straight down. My head was ringing and i couldn't hear anything Luke was saying.

My disoriented mind could still identify his worry but black dots covered my sight soon enough and i was drawn into unconsciousness.

I open my eyes to a white ceiling and a quick sniff tells me I'm still at the pack hospital. I could also smell Luke but he was absent at the moment.

I turn to the side and see its dark outside. I wonder how long I've been unconscious.

My temple hurts like a bitch and i was sure i didn't look good.

The moment i sat up, Luke came into the room. He rushed towards me engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm so sorry" he said once he pulled away. His face is still slightly injured from his fight with Ryan.

"He's already gone. He tried apologizing but i told him i wanted him gone. I couldn't let him stay. My wolf wanted to kill him for what he did to you. I made him swear an oath never to intervene in your life again." Luke reached his hand to touch my temple and i flinched when i felt pain from his touch.

"I'm sorry" he apologized with sad eyes.

"It's ok. It's look bad doesn't it?" I asked.

"Yeah it is. He punched you real hard it has already gotten better. Thank God for quick healing."

We fall into silence and just remained there stuck in our different thoughts. I could tell Luke still blamed himself but i didn't think it was his fault.

He wasn't the one who asked me to intervene in his fight neither was he the one who punched me.

All this was Ryan's fault.

"Amelia" Luke called softly.

"Yeah"

"I'm sorry you got injured because of me."

"I don't blame you. I shouldn't have gotten between a fight of two Alphas in the first place."

"And if i hadn't gotten into a fight with Ryan none of this would have happened."

"but..."

"Shhh" he placed his finger on my lips and shook his head."I should have just thrown him off and had a conversation but my anger led me into a fight"

"I still don't blame you"i said, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"Do your parents know about what happened?"

"Amelia everyone in the pack knows. Mum wanted to stay and watch over you but i told her to go home without allowing her to come in"

We fall into a comfortable silence until Luke breaks it.

"You should lie down."

"I'm fine Luke"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure but i do feel hungry"

"Ok just wait for me I'll get you something to eat" Luke gives me a kiss on the forehead before turning to leave.

Ryan, was a bastard. Making him swear an oath was the best decision. Wolves were particular about oaths. The moment an oath was broken, the wolf could be killed no matter his or her status.

Ryan was never going to bother me again.

Ryan and I were done for good.

Nothing could ever bring us together

I could finally be happy with Luke without any worries, without any restrictions.

I could finally spend forever with Luke.