Chapter 2: To Try in Vain

As Peter and Celena makes it back to Hemlock Grove, both could not help but wonder what Roman was up to. But both knew where he is right now. At the top of the White Tower, ruling the Godfrey business as a king in his throne. He sat in his chair in the conference room, listening to a boring presentation being said.

He sighs and gets his cellphone out, sending another text to Celena. He needed to see her. It was driving him crazy, not having her around him. Why did he just throw her away? But...at the same time...he didn't want to risk hurting her. What if he tried to hurt her for blood? He constantly fought the inner battle whether to talk to her or just avoid her. He couldn't decide. But his heart and body was screaming for her.

"Celena, I know you're reading these messages. Please call me soon. I'm sorry and I miss you so much. I need to talk to you. I know you got my flowers, too. Just please...please let me know you're ok."

Roman sighs in irritation as the demons continue to whisper in his head, begging him to feed. He was so hungry, he needed this meeting to end as soon as possible so he can go feed.

"Godfrey Industries has increased its profitability for the last 17 quarters, leading the field in biotech, pharmaceuticals, and genetic engineering. I am pleased to report we are, for the fourth year in a row, the largest privately held corporation of its kind in North America." A man proudly states.

Roman raises his hand for a moment and turns to presenter, "Couple of thoughts." He eyes everyone. "Anyone been to Maui?"

Everyone turns and frowns at him in confusion.

Roman waits for someone to speak, but no one says anything. Just continues to stare at him for asking such a strange question during a business meeting.

"No one?" He looks around. "I went there a few years ago. And it's more beautiful than they say." He taps on his tablet and commands old pictures to pop up on the display screen on the wall behind the presenter. Cheery Hawaiian music plays as pictures begin to display a young Roman with a beautiful Hawaiian model.

"Say hello to Healani Kaulakakui." He says as he flips through the pictures till he shows one of the model who lies naked in the sun and sand.

Pryce sighs in annoyance, Roman's random shows wasn't new for him and he was growing tired of it.

"Roman, I don't see how this is relevant." Pryce states.

"I fucked this girl

"I fucked this girl." Roman chuckles. "I fucked her a lot." He smiles, but behind his smiles lies the bitter memories of those times with that model. He never could get off with her back then, unless he had the usual help. He looks around at the people in wonder, "Can I say that here?" He asks Pryce.

"You can say what you want..." Pryce says, till Roman cuts him off.

"Godfrey Industries is a leader of three-dimensional organ printing, right?" Roman asks.