Chapter 21: Hungry Ghost

Destiny paces the floor as she tries to get a hold of Roman, Celena, and Peter, but no one was answering their calls.  

"Answer the phone, you motherfuckers." Destiny growls at her phone.  

"We need to find Nadia." Letha states strongly.  

Matt tries to call Miranda several times, but not one answer, "Why would she just leave with the baby?  Without waking us up?"

Anna walks into the room as she grabs her coat.  Letha frowns and walks up to her, "Anna?  Did Miranda say anything about going anywhere?" 

Anna frowns at her, "She took Nadia to see Dr. Spivak.  That shrew bled from her dirty pillows.  I knew she was evil.  She never should have fed that baby.  Never should have let her suckle from those diseased breasts." 

Letha frowns, "What?" She gasps. 

Anna grips her purse and rushes out of the house as she leaves Letha stunned.  Letha turns to Destiny who sighs as she rubs her face, "What did she mean by that?"

Destiny turns to her, "Miranda became the milk machine for Nadia ever since she got here.  According to Celena.  They don't know why or how that happened." 

"Did she just say that Miranda was bleeding from her breasts?  Like lactating blood?" Matt frowns.

"Jesus, what the hell is going on?" Destiny mutters.  

"Why the hell is that woman feeding my baby anyway?  I'm her mother, she's suppose to feed from me." Letha exclaims in fury.  

Destiny and Matt couldn't answer her.  Matt was just a mad as she was, "We'll talk to her when she gets back from the doctor." 

Destiny sighs, "I need to figure out first about Celena.  You both saw what happened."

"Have you ever seen anything like that?" Matt asks. 

Destiny shakes her head, "No."  She sighs and turns to a mirror and frowns.  "Mirrors.  Reflections." She gasps and walks up to the large mirror.  "Did you say you could see another side of Celena in her reflections?" She asks as she looks at Matt.

"Yeah, it was weird as hell." Matt nods.  

"Mirrors are all about showing two sides of the world.  The good...and the bad." She points at herself and her reflection.  "Here in this world, it's normal...in a way.  Everything runs in it's course as way it should be.  Unlike the other side.  The dark.  Everything backwards.  Flipped.  Nothing is normal.  But to them, it's home." Destiny explains. "What did Celena's reflection look like?" She asks.   

"It was her but it wasn't.  Her hair was dark again, her eyes were pitch black with sapphire rings.  It's almost as if it was connecting itself to her light.  The light that made her what she and Matt are." Letha says as she thinks back at what she saw.  

"It's feeding on her light.  It feeds on light." That part was familiar to Destiny.  She rushes to the a trashcan, luckily it was a new bag, only a few things were in there but mainly an untouched gauze that carried Celena's blood.  She grabs the gauze and unfolds it.  Exposing the blood to her eyes.  She places the gauze on her tongue and closes her eyes.  Unearthly shrieking fills her ears as she opens her mind to see the creature.  Images of shadow creatures.  People dying and turning into dust.  A woman's voice cackles darkly around her.  Suddenly, an image of a cave with a huge glowing rock that shinned bright sapphire.  A woman singing a beautiful song in the strangest language Destiny never heard of before.  Whispering of the Trinity.  Shadows. 

"The Trinity must live on.  Watch the shadows.  The Shadows." An eerily voice whispers.

"Destiny..." A woman's voice calls out to her.  "You have the Sight.  Dear child...let me show you what needs to be known."