Chapter 3: Desperate Times

Since asking Roman was no surprise for Peter, he decides to take matters in his own hands to get the money. He knew some people who could give him the money for the right price. But first he needed to see Destiny.

He walks into the diner she works at and she greets him with a smile when he comes to the counter and sits down.

"Hey, you!" She says.

But her smile dies when she sees that furious look on his face.

"Well, it was worth a try." She shrugs.

"He's a fucking prick." He bites out.

"Where's Cell?"

"With Roman. He wants to talk to her, but me, he wants me to fuck off." He scoffs.

"Hope he kisses her ass after what he did to her. Want some food?" She asks.

Peter shakes his head as he rubs his face, "I'm not hungry." He pulls out a pocket watch to check the time. It was getting late. If he was gonna do this, he needed to go now. "Can I borrow your car again?"

Destiny gives him an unsure look, but he gives her pleading eyes.

"Please?"

She reaches behind the counter and holds up her keys for him. He takes them and heads out the door, but Destiny stops him.

"Peter, stay out of trouble."

Peter nods, "Tell Celena I'll be home soon." And he was gone.

Peter managed to contact his suppliers and ask to meet with them downtown. He didn't want to do this, but Roman gave him no choice. He drives to a private area of an empty parking lot and pulls up next to them. The driver was a short skinhead, smoking on his cigarette and the other was tall with short hair. Giving Peter a hard look.

"You're the guy, right?" The driver asked.

Peter nods.

"Who's watching over you?"

"St. Sebastian."

"Let's get this motherfucker done." The driver demands.

"I want to see the money first."

The two guys scoff and chuckle. The driver grabs his bag and holds it up for Peter to see the cash.

"It's gonna all be there when I count it, right?"

The driver scoffs as the passenger speaks, "'He that is already corrupt is naturally suspicious'."

"So are we gonna do this thing or what?" The driver scoffs.

Peter sighs and looks up, he sighs in disappointment that the moon wasn't full yet, but he has no choice. He has to do this.

"Yeah. Follow me." He says and starts up the car to drive back to Destiny's. He was so thankful that Celena wasn't home yet and he knew Destiny was working late tonight. He just prays Celena won't be home in the middle of this meeting.

He begins to mix up the proper concoction for the dealers. He just hopes and prays he can con them without screwing up. He could feel the wolf inside building and clawing with need.

"You're the first gadji to sample what my people once referred to as 'Saint Sebastian's Arrow'."

"Yeah, I heard of that."

"Then you've lived a large life, my friend, not many people have."

"What the fuck is a 'gadji'?" One man asks.