Chapter 5: Nightmare in Hemlock Grove

Norman sighs as he sips on his whiskey.  After these last few months, things have been pretty shitty for him.  He almost lost Letha, he lost the grandchild he finally accepted, he lost Marie.  He had Olivia...sort of, but he almost lost her when she had that seizure.  But, at least, Letha was alive and well.  In college, where she was safe.  

His phone rings and he smiles when he sees it was Letha calling, "Hi, sweetheart." He says happily.

"Hi, dad! How are you?" She asks.  

He chuckles, "I'm doing fine.  How about you?  You sound a lot better." 

Letha laughs, "Taking it one day at a time.  The therapy sessions are helping a lot."

Norman smiles, "How's Matt doing?  You guys are still together?" He asks. 

Letha scoffs and laughs, "Of course, Dad.  He's good.  Stressed with the exams the classes are throwing at him.  But we're hanging in there." 

"That's good." Norman laughs and looks up when he sees Marie walking into his office.  He gestures her to come in.  "You're mom just walked in.  You wanna talk to her?"

"Yes, please!" 

Marie gasps when she learns he was talking to Letha and takes the phone, "Letha? Hi, baby!  Oh, I just gotta talk to your dad about a few things.  How are you and Matt?" Marie laughs at whatever Letha says.  "That's good.  Letha, I'm so proud of you, baby." She laughs and rolls her eyes, "I'm proud of you, too, Matt.  I know you both can do it.  We'll see you during the holiday break.  Ok.  Bye baby." She kisses the phone and hands it to Norman.  

"Bye, Letha.  Love you, sweetie." Norman says.

"Bye, dad!" "Bye, Mr. Godfrey!" Norman chuckles as he hears Matt in the background and cuts the call. 

Marie sighs as she watches the phone hangs up and puts on a serious look on her face as she turns to Norman.  

"What do you want to talk about?" Norman asks. 

He listens to her in shock how she wants to sue the Godfrey's Industries for almost killing their daughter.  Meaning she wants to sue Olivia.  Norman tried to change her mind, but she put her foot down and kept it down.  She became even more mad at him for not doing anything about the fact that they almost lost their daughter because of their stupidity.

"If it wasn't for Matt's abilities and smarts, Letha wouldn't be in college right now, starting her life.  She would be in that urn with that baby." Marie furiously points out. 

Of course, Marie didn't know still about Matt and Celena's powers, that remained a secret.  His abilities she talks about was Matt's talent as a student doctor. 

He begs her and warns her not to go against the Godfreys.  But she stated she's not changing her mind until they pay for their mistakes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After their rough lovemaking, Peter and Celena ate their food and soaked in the bathtub together.  Mainly, Peter wanted to make up for how rough he was with her.  He caresses her and massage the achiness in her muscles.  He felt terrible for being so rough.  Sure, they've been rough before, but nothing like that.  He was glad Celena wasn't complaining.  But when he saw the bruises that his fingers left on her hips, he hated himself for that.  

"I'm sorry." He whispers as he holds her in the bath.

Celena strokes his arm, comforting him, "Don't be.  I loved it." She smirks.