Chapter 18: Reunite

As Peter, Celena, and Roman head their way to Destiny's, Michael made a pit stop at the Bishop's to express his anger about his people committing these murders.  Bishop Francis denies knowing anything about it and claims there were groups impersonating the Order.  He promises to deal with it as soon as possible.  Once Michael leaves, Francis calls the chancellor and tells her they have a rogue element; the chancellor doesn't care about some serial killers, and dismisses it. Francis threatens her with the police so she agrees to send an envoy.  

Meanwhile, Norman was trying to calm down Letha after telling her about Marie.  

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Letha exclaims as she shoots out of her seat.

Norman sighs deeply as he covers his face in despair.  He told Letha everything.  That her mother, Marie, was missing.  What he discovered about Olivia, about Roman.  And who Roman was to them. 

Tears formed in Norman's eyes as he rests his knuckles under his chin, "I didn't know how to tell you.  You've been through so much through this year.  I just didn't want you to fall into a relapse." 

"I'm not a china doll, dad! This is mom we're talking about...and...and...how can you even believe that Roman and Aunt Olivia are...what did you call them?" Letha scoffs. 

"Upirs.  Ukraine vampires.  I know it sounds...insane." Norman sighs. 

Letha laughs humorlessly, "Oh, very."

"But you and Matt saw the DNA test.  And Roman confessed.  I believe him.  And I can see you believe it as well as much as you're denying it." Norman says.

Letha sighs deeply and runs her fingers through her hair, "I don't know what to believe anymore." She sits next to Matt. 

Matt sighs, he already knew about this and he hated keeping it a secret but now...

"It's true." Matt sighs in guilt. 

Letha and Norman both look at him and frown, "What?"

Matt rubs his face, "Before you get mad, before both of you start yelling at me...just remember...it wasn't up to me to tell you...it was up to Roman and Olivia.  But yeah, it's all true.  I knew about this since Celena told me about him."

"Celena knows, too?!" Norman exclaims. 

Matt nods, "Again, not up to me to say.  And you would have reserved my room at Acres." Matt points out. 

"How could you keep this from me?" Letha looks at him in disbelief.

"It didn't really fall into the top 5 categories of ice breakers." Matt says sarcastically.  "'Hi, nice to meet you.  I'm telekinetic and you're cousin is a vampire'." 

Letha glares at him, "Don't make me sock you." 

Matt takes her hands into his, "I'm sorry.  I'm sorry, I know I should have said something.  But...you know Olivia.  And from what Roman tells me...she would have killed me.  Literally." 

Letha suddenly had a horrible thought, "Do you think she killed mom?" She asks as she looks at both of them.

Norman rubs his mouth and sighs, "I asked Roman the same question.  After seeing her cottage...I believe it in my gut that she did something to her." He glares into space, such anger was devoted towards Olivia. 

Letha gasps in horror and cries in Matt's arms.  Norman reaches out and rubs her back as she sobs against Matt's chest.  

"She's not going to get away with it.  I promise." Norman says determinedly as he promises his daughter.  He promises to avenge his wife.