Chapter 11: Hunger Out of Control

Peter continues to wait what seemed like forever for someone to finally to answer his requests.  Michael finally walks into the jail cells and goes up to Peter's cell.  

"Deputy said you needed to talk.  Ready to explain why you're going around making death threats?" Michael ask sarcastically. 

Peter sighs in annoyance, dropping his head in refusal, "They weren't death threats.  Look, I'm gonna lay something on you and you're not gonna believe me."

"Hm! I can't wait." Michal scoffs. 

"There's been a series of accidents where people have died, only they're not accidents.  They're made to look that way so they fly under police radar."

Michael wasn't sure to believe him or not, it didn't sound that crazy, but...

"And you know this how?" He eyes Peter. 

"I see what's gonna happen in dreams before it goes down." Peter says rolling his eyes; saying it sounded better in his head. 

"And I have a pet unicorn I bought on the planet Zorknoin." Michael says in sarcasm.

Dropping his head again, Peter tosses his hands up with a scoff, "I told you weren't going to believe it!" He runs his fingers through his hair.  "But look at what happened at Destiny's with Celena.  The guy tried to drown my girlfriend and make it look like she fell asleep in the tub!" 

"And you knew on account of you being psychic?" Michael scoffs. 

Peter jumps to his feet, "I had another dream, here last night." Peter points to the floor, "There was this kid that was in trouble, he was underwater,  like on that Nirvana album cover. And there was a German shepherd!  Look, if you're not gonna do something about this, I need to figure this out so I can do something about this, but I can't do that here!" Peter exclaims, practically begging Michael let him go.

Peter stands panting, waiting for Michael to do something. 

"Miss! You can't go back there!" 

Michael and Peter both look up as voices were shouting from the front desk. 

"Oh, go fuck yourself, porky!"  

Peter perks up when he hears Celena's voice and sees her storming in the jail cells and walks up to Michael.

"I'm here to bail him out." She says to him. 

"Nice to see you, too, Ms. Banks.  But you could have waited at the front." 

"Like I wouldn't miss you make judgement remarks to Peter." She cross her arms over her chest. 

"No judgements being made.  You're in luck.  I was just about to let him go.  Since, lucky for him, the woman he threatened scrammed out of town.  No one's around to press charges.  But I'm glad you came because I wanted to ask you a few questions." He says.  

Celena sighs, "Let him out first." 

Michael gets his keys and unlocks the cage, but stands in Peter's way, "I catch you stimulating your too-fertile imagination with weed or whatever you're hopped up on...you'll be sitting down for a long time."

Peter eyes him and takes in his threat by nodding, and moves to Celena, hugging her tight and pressing his head against hers.  Breathing her in.  

"Ms. Banks, if you please." Michael says as he guides her to his office. 

Celena sighs as she sits down in a chair while Peter sits in the waiting area.

Michael moves to shut his door and sits at his desk.