Chapter 19: Peter and the Wolf

Peter grunts in pain as the cult member continues to slice his skin.  He didn't want to give them the pleasure of his agony.  After shooting him with arrows, they managed to tie him to a chair.  His hands bound behind him and they placed a large spiked collar around his neck. If he turns, the collar will take his head.  Blood trailed down his chest and stained his skin and jeans.

Peter squints at the bright light as the potato sack was yanked off his head.  Panting heavily from the pain as sweat built up all over his skin.  The torturer finally stops cutting him up and eyes him with curiosity as the leader watches from afar. 

"I can't help wondering how you found us."

"Hard not to follow a trail of bodies." Peter shudders as the visions roll like waves in his mind.  "The trailer park.  The kid you tried to run over and then drown.  You must be very proud." Peter scoffs as his body shakes from the pain.

"The boy on the tricycle.  That was you." The man states as he sharpens his knife in front of Peter.  "Would have gotten your girlfriend as well.  But how did she manage to stop one of my best men?"

"Why don't you untie me and I'll show you." Peter mutters sarcastically and grits his teeth in pain as his hair was yanked back and the back of his neck is stabbed by the spiked collar.  

"I'll just ask next time I'll run into her." 

"Touch her and I'll kill you." Peter growls and grunts in pain when he's yanked back more.  He could feel the blood running down his back.  

The man chuckles and nods at his follower to let him go.  The man shoves Peter out of his grip and slaps his head.  Peter grunts in pain and glares at the leader.  

"How many more have you butchered?"

"Too many. "

"That kid you thought you saved, his life was all that was required.  If you hadn't interfered, mom would still be alive." The torture points his knife at Peter.  "That's on you." 

"But you did find us, by the grace of God.  It means we're close to completing our mission." The leader smiles. 

"Slaughtering families and murdering children, that's your mission?" Peter scoffs. 

"We mourn every life taken.  But it's God's will, to save the souls of so many..." The leader assures him till Peter harshly cuts him off. 

"I don't know what fucking God you believe in, but you're a bunch of sick fucks."

"They always say that about those who bring disruption.  Noah, for instance.  Then it started raining." The Leader points out. 

Peter glares at him, sending him sneers and harsh glances as he eyes both men.  

"Who sent you?" The follower demands. 

"Why don't you ask your God?  It sounds like he has all the answers." Peter says sarcastically. 

Both men were becoming irritated with him and he knew this was gonna cost him a shitload of pain.  He can't let them get to Nadia.  To Roman and Celena.  He must protect them.  All of them.  Even if it means he'll die.  For them, he would.  

"Where is the beast?  The child you're protecting?" The leader demands. 

Peter rotates his neck as best as he could and scoffs at the Leader, "I'm not telling you dick." 

The Leader admired Peter's nobility but his mission was the key, "Suffering brings enlightenment." He turns and nods at his follower, leaving Peter to his hand.