Chapter 20: All Monsters

By the time morning came, Peter and Roman managed to get all the bodies out of the house as the girls cleaned inside

By the time morning came, Peter and Roman managed to get all the bodies out of the house as the girls cleaned inside.  Matt drags the last one out; his clothes stained with cold blood and drying from the air.  Roman and Peter help him carry the body towards the van Roman fetched for at Godfrey Industries.

Panting in exhaustion, Matt blows out a sigh and turn to them, "So, now what?"

"I don't know." Peter shakes his head.

Roman glares at the body and punches the cultist in the face hard.

Peter scoffs, "They can't get any deader." 

"Fine." Roman sighs and, together, the three of them lift the body into the van and shuts the door.  

"Damn, we're out of bleach." Destiny mutters and looks over to Miranda who carried a deep, disturbed look on her face.  

"Come on, Miranda." Destiny says as Miranda sniffles, wiping away the tears.  "Last mile.  You can do it." 

Letha comes down the stairs, dressed in fresh clothes

Letha comes down the stairs, dressed in fresh clothes.  Her face was bruised and her body was sore but all that mattered was Nadia's safety.

Celena showered and changed hours ago but still helped out with the cleaning.  She takes off her sweater and gets a trash bag to dump the empty bottles of bleach and bloody rugs and towels they used.  She looks over to Anna who kneeled next to Conway's body and sobs her heart out for her love.  

Peter, Matt, and Roman walk back into the house, brushing past Anna. 

"Where's Nadia?" Peter asks.

"In Roman's room.  Her room is freezing." Letha says as she helps Celena.

Roman's face scrunches in disgust as he takes off the gloves and flings them into the trash bag.  

"She stared at him." Miranda says. 

Roman frowns, "Who did?" 

"Nadia. And then he just dropped dead." Tears continue to roll down her cheeks.