Chapter 10: Secret's Out

After hearing about the discovery of proof that Shelley could still be alive out there and Viktor is with her, Norman had to find a way to contact her.  Ever since she disappeared, he's been emailing her; telling her how much he misses her and how much he loves her.  How much it hurts him to not see her anymore.  How afraid he was for her.  He needed to know if she was ok.  

As usual, to help himself, he emails her that night.  

"I don't know if you're a live or dead, but they're hunting you again.  You and Viktor.  I know you're not responsible.  If others could see your heart, they would know, too.  I'm not sure why I keep writing to you, but I believe it helps me.  It keeps you alive for me." 

Tears begin to form in his eyes. He needed to know if she was alive.  Alive and safe.  

"Shelly, if you're out there, please respond.  I can protect you and Viktor.  I miss you so damn much.  For now, I hope and pray that Viktor is with you and he's keeping you safe from harm for me."

Norman sighs heavily and leans back in his chair.  He prays as hard as he could for her safety and for her to be alive.  He prays she'll answer his email and come home soon.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm magic." Jason says as he begins to perform a magic trick for Shelley and Viktor.  

He pretends to cut his finger off and uses hit thumb to make it look like he could remove his finger.  

Shelley pretends to gasp in wonder.  Her eyes widen in shock.  

"Don't be scared, it's right here." Jason says as he holds up his finger.  

Viktor and Shelley both applaud for him, "You know, I'm magic, too." Viktor gives him a coy smile. 

"I knew it!  The way you healed was magic. What else can you do?" Jason exclaims excitedly. 

Viktor looks around and finds some debris pieces.  He scoops them up to forma pile and concentrates.  With the movement of his hands, he calls the power of the light to move the debris.  Rumbling begins and all the pieces begin to float into the air.  

"Wow!" Jason whispers.  

Viktor chuckles and continues to make the debris float.  One debris moves and flies around Jason's body.  Making him giggle.  

Shelley laughs and looks at Viktor as he plays with Jason.  Viktor chuckles at Jason's glee.  Shelley couldn't help but think of how great of a father Viktor could be.  Could it be possible for her to be a mother and give Viktor what deserves?  That worries her.  

The debris falls out of the air and Viktor wipes away the blood from his nose.  

"My grandpa taught me my magic trick.  I miss him." Jason says.  "Who taught you that trick?"

Viktor sighs, "It was given to me as a gift.  I'm not sure who it was.  Maybe angels." He shrugs.

"Awesome gift." Jason laughs.  "Do you have a grandpa?" He asks Shelley and Viktor.

Shelley shakes her head, "Mine passed when I was young." Viktor says. 

"A daddy?" 

Shelley shakes her head, but Viktor was quiet.

"A mommy?"

Shelley was hesitant, but shakes her head.  

"I haven't seen my parents in a while." Viktor says sadly.