Drunken Confessions

Chapter Nine

Natalie can't seem to keep her hands off of me. We're putting on quite a show for everyone around us.

She grinds hard against me, not too hard (she doesn't want people to think she's easy) but hard enough for me to know that she'll probably want me to fuck her after.

With the way things are going, I might just go for it.

Winston's ignoring me.

He said he wasn't planning on coming but here he was, hanging out with the weirdos.

He gets up to get a drink, so I get up to get a drink. He goes to the dancefloor, I drag Natalie to the dancefloor. He sits down on the bleachers, I sit down on the bleachers.

I try hard to get him to notice me, I've been trying all night, but he hasn't given me even a second of his attention. I don't blame him though, I know I don't deserve it.

But if he just gave me the chance to apologise, to make things right...I'd say the right thing this time. I swear I would.

I'd tell him the truth about that night.

Natalie whispers something in my ear as her hips move against mine but I don't pay attention to her. I've already given my attention to someone else.

He's sitting on the bleachers again, Ani and Clay on his right and Alex on his left. They're talking the four of them, smiling, having fun. He looks so happy and it hurts to know that he doesn't need me to have a good time.

Then Ani gets up on her feet and drags Clay onto the dancefloor with her. Alex and Winston are left by themselves.

They're just here as friends, I tell myself. Friends, nothing more.

Alex isn't even gay, I don't need to worry about him.

But I see the way Alex looks at him, the way I should have looked at him before it was too late.

Winston's showing off his teeth again, a wide grin on his face as he laughs while he watches Ani try to convince Clay to dance with her.

A slow song starts to play and Natalie moves to create some space between us, she places her hands on my shoulders and she's looking at my face, watching Winston will be impossible to do now.

I offer her a smile and I place my hands on her hips. I bring her closer to me so that she rests her chin on my shoulder. At least now she won't be able to see that I've already got my eyes on someone else. It can't hurt her if she doesn't know.

I see Alex's lips move but I can't hear the words that come out. I really wish I knew what they were talking about, it would help me determine what they're here as.

But then maybe I don't need words, just watching them is enough.

I feel my stomach twist and turn as I watch Alex's hand inch closer and closer towards Winston's hand.

I hold my breath.

Winston doesn't seem to be aware of how close their hands are. But I am.

And then Alex's fingers brush past Winston's. Part of me wants to go over there, pick Winston up and carry him as far away from Alex as my legs will let me. But another part of me wants Winston to move away himself, anything to show me that he's not ready to move on yet.

Why am I so obsessed with him? This is starting to get embarrassing.

But I watch as Winston looks down as their fingers brush together and he moves his hand closer to Alex. I swear I could vomit right there and then.