Future Conversations

Chapter Seventeen

I skip morning weights because I don't want to see Charlie before I get to see Scott.

He'll sense that something is wrong and then he'll ask until I tell him. And when I do, he'll try to talk me out of it.

But I've already made my mind up.

God, I was so fucking blind.

He told me that he knew about my dad hitting me with the bottle because he spoke to Estella.

I wonder what else she told him. And what he told her.

Charlie is waiting for me by my locker, already got his 'where were you' speech prepared.

"Where is he?" I ask him and I look around because he should be here now, meeting us at my locker like he does every morning.

Charlie looks confused and his eyebrows furrow. "Who?"

"Scott fucking Reed," I say and Charlie looks scared now.

My sister is a child. She doesn't know what she's doing and Scott shouldn't be using our friendship to get to Estella.

He's so fucking disgusting.

He knew it was wrong. Why else would he keep it from me?

And he had the nerve to sit there and pretend he was still heartbroken over some girl he used to date in ninth grade.

"You know," Charlie says quietly and I stare at him.

What is he-

"What?"

"About Estella?" he confirms and he can't look me in the eyes.

He knew.

No. This can't be happening.

Charlie fucking knew and he lied. They all lied to me.

I told them my biggest secret and they sat there and lied to me.

I have no friends left.

"How long?" I ask him and Charlie looks so guilty, I know he regrets not telling me. "How long have you known?"

He shrugs and he sighs defeatedly. "The Halloween party. When I went to look for him...I walked in on him and Estella arguing and I-"

"Shut the fuck up," I tell him because I can't listen any longer. I can't fucking listen to any of their lies anymore.

The people around us are starting to realise that something is wrong, I'm pacing up and down, hands tugging at my hair, screaming my head off at Charlie. God, I must look like a right psycho.

Scott better not show-

"Hey!"

But of course, he fucking shows up.

I look at him, study his face. He's fucking grinning, probably glad that he hasn't knocked up my sister. He probably still thinks I'm clueless, that they got away with it.

I would have thought that Estella would tell him that I know now. Maybe she did. I don't know. I don't care.

But then Scott sees my face he stops between the two rows of lockers in the middle of the hallway.

"Monty don't, he didn't-" Charlie tries to hold onto me but what's he gonna do? He can barely tackle me in practice nevermind hold me back from a fight, not when I'm this angry. This fucking livid.