Chapter 29

First task.

Today is the day of the first task. I have been preparing myself pretty well. I am going for showy but simple. Fudge hadn't budged on giving me the god damn order of Merlin and the people were started to get outraged. I mean imagine if a man cured HIV, a disease that doesn't affect many people but still is very bad, and the government refused to give him an award. The fact that the extremely controversial topics sold a lot of papers helped the situation escalate.

I had given fleur a heads up to the task as she may or may not know and I don't want her to get hurt. She had been way more sexually oriented and that rubbed off on the girls, so yeah... anyway the dragons were the same as the movies, common welsh, fire ball and Hungarian horn tail but there was no short snout That Cedric fought in canon.

Anyway I was going to pick out my dragon after fleur and before krum. Ludo Bagman was holding the bag with the miniature dragons, fleur got a common welsh, I got a Hungarian horn tail and the fireball went to krum. That was the same as canon huh what are the odds. 100% why? Cause I made it so I would get the horntail. The fact that those two got the same as canon was a complete coincidence.

Unlike canon though The order was changed with fleur first, me second and krum third. fleur went first and from the cheers I heard she must have done pretty well. Now it was my time to shine. I saw the fake eggs that had been placed and back to the dragon.

The arena was bigger and less rocky than the other one but that worked perfectly fine for me. As soon as I stepped in a certain radius, the dragon breathed? Brothe? Fire at me. Instead of moving out, I just walked through it unscathed. I snapped my fingers and all the fire went out. The massive dragon roared and then charged at me, the chains snapped after only a few seconds of holding out.

I narrowed my eyes and jumped straight over the dragon and got the egg. When the dragon saw the egg it's rage intensified. I threw the egg in the air and dodged it's claws, when it tried once again to burn me. I used this opportunity to move away and then used its own fire against it by changing the direction of the fire.

It was known that only Merlin and by proxy the strongest wizards can freely control elements. By showing my mastery of fire nobody will suspect my lightning affinity and it will give me more political clout and influence. Along with my multi core wand, I will be seen as the true next Merlin or something.

Kakaroff has begrudgingly given me a 10, he looked like he was in physical pain. Dumbeldore happily gave me a 10. Ms maxims gave me a begrudging 10 and ludo bagman looked happy that I showed off cause the fleur fight was anticlimactic 10. Full marks yay! Hermione would be proud, I mean she was fuming cause I was bunking classes but other than that she would have been proud. Ron was there, he had practically burst in anger.

He didn't see the hours I spent working my blood sweat and tears but when he sees my success and assumes that I haven't worked hard. This is why I never liked Ron. He was an complete jealous ass who didn't change. For the Ron fanboys saying he changed. Well he left the horcrux hunting in the last book. He was so jealous of them that just the residue of the horcrux was enough to make him leave.

Sigh at least hermione was extremely useful and resourceful throughout the years and she remained loyal to the group. The fact that she was the only one of the golden trio to finish her schooling says a lot. But she was pretty bossy in the first few years. I heard Ginny say that hermione was a friend of hers because she was a good friend.

Anyway, it turns out krum got his foot and thigh covered by 3rd degree burns and lost a few points. The amount of resistance kakaroff provided before succumbing to the vow was so ... awkward to watch. He got 4 from kakaroff, 5 from dumb as a door, 3 from Maxine and 5 from ludo.