Chapter 21

Hours turned into the entire day as Yugi slept well into the night, unbothered by dreams of any kind. It was relaxing that he had slept so soundly but several times Atem had wondered out, sat beside him, layed beside him, pretended to pet his hair or gaze at the many books he had lying around, restricted only by his spectral form or he would have read them.

It was well past dinner when Yugi finally stirred awake and Atem had been resting against the bed, allowing himself to completely relax. He woke properly when he felt Yugi moving and stretching and stood, hopeful this would be him waking up and not just getting comfortable.

When Yugi spied him he smiled and waved.

"Hey." Atem said to him softly. His heart was so happy he was waking up it was all he could do to contain his excitement. He felt like a puppy about to go for a walk but he needed to play it cool or it might not happen.

"Hey." Yugi yawned, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "What time is it?"

"Almost 10. You've slept all day." Atem said, shrugging cooly.

"Oh really? Damn. I'm sorry." Yugi said as he lifted himself up to rest his elbows on his knees.

"It's fine. You needed your rest. How are you feeling?" Atem asked, sitting next to him and leaning back on his hands.

"I'm still waking up but much better than before. I'm starving." Yugi giggled.

"I believe grandpa may have saved some for you."

"Good. How have you been all day?"

"I've been here and there. Keeping myself busy." Atem shrugged. "I'm happy you're awake though."

Yugi smiled and headed downstairs.

He found grandpa watching TV and he looked very happy to see him finally up and about.

"Yugi! How did you sleep?"

"Solidly... did you make enough for two?"

"I did, in the microwave Yugi." Grandpa said pleasantly.

After dinner which Yugi thoroughly enjoyed, he caught up with grandpa on the days events before he went off to bed himself and Yugi decided to shower.

Atem hovered nearby though he faced away to give him some privacy, not that he hadn't seen him nude before; spending all those years with him it was pretty impossible to have not seen Yugi's body before, but he was respectful to him even now.

After he was finished washing himself though he grinned to himself. If Atem could make a room within his subconscious that reacted to his hearts desire then perhaps he could do the same. Now that he was fed, cleaned and well rested with much less weight on his shoulders he was feeling frisky and the sight of Atem's face when he realises what he was doing would be worth it.

Very subtly he pulled them into his own mind into a room he created that mimicked the bathroom. Atem hadn't even noticed the change at first until he started feeling the mist from the shower and he looked around him curiously.

Yugi giggled and when he did Atem looked to him in confusion.

"Why don't you join me?" Yugi asked, blushing wildly.

"J-join you?"

"We're in my mind right now. Don't you want to feel something on your skin?" Yugi winked.

Atem immediately went rigid, his face turning beet red and Yugi had to giggle more. It was adorable to see his normally so strong and collected partner so uncharacteristically outside his comfort zone.