Chapter 36

"So do you think you can track him down?" Joey asked Mokuba.

They were all seated in the hotel room and had been explaining to Mokuba and Kaiba of their situation. Kaiba begrudgingly listened but only because he was intrigued that they claimed Atem to be back and in the flesh. He refused to admit any of this to have any weight but his silence was at least appreciated. Mokuba on the other hand came through and believed them readily.

"I can, just let me get connected.... And ... there. He's about 6 hour drive from Cairo." Mokuba said.

"6 hours... that means they'd have only been about 3 hours from where we were!" Joey complained.

"Yeah but we wouldnt have had the fuel to come back, nor did we know in which direction." Tea pointed out.

"I can send you the coordinates but guys, I wouldn't leave until tomorrow." Mokuba warned.

"Tell them not to go at all Mokuba." They heard Kaiba say deeply in the background.

"But Seto-"

"Kaiba we appreciate your brothers help but we're going to save Yugi and bring him back. We're not going to just abandon him out there." Atem said strongly.

"I never told you to abandon him, just that you shouldn't go. Wait until tomorrow at the Cairo airport. This time tomorrow you'll have a much faster way of finding him without getting lost or stranded." Kaiba said as he took the phone from Mokuba.

"Wait are you saying you'll meet us here Kaiba?" Joey asked.

"What do you think Wheeler? I won't be doing this out of the charity of my heart though dweebs. I'm doing this for two reasons: 1 to make sure the former King of Games doesn't get lost in some sand dune and 2, to see this Pharoah for myself and duel him to prove which one of us is better."

"You want to duel me, Kaiba?" Atem asked.

"I wanted to duel you 6 years ago but Yugi robbed me of that chance. If what you dweebs are saying is true, then this is my chance to duel you myself without Yugi interfering."

"Fine by me then. We'll meet you tomorrow at the airport, you'll help us rescue Yugi and only when the danger has passed will we duel, one on one." Atem agreed.

"Mokuba, get the jet ready. Dweebs, see you around this time tomorrow."

And with that the call ended and they sighed.

"Well that worked out better than I thought it would." Tea said.

"Does he seem.... Nicer to you?" Atem asked.

"Still sounds like a dick to me." Joey shrugged.

"Not that he'll ever admit it but Kaiba has grown to have a bit of respect for Yugi now he's not a professional duelist and has since found his own path. He still comes off as cold to the rest of us but hes at least warmed to Yugi more since he became an archaeologist. Something about finding his place in the world." Tea said, shrugging lazily.

"We shouldn't be far now. We should be coming up to some ruins and they're inside there." Mokuba said as he adjusted various dials and overlooked a very advanced looking screen.

He had grown a lot in 6 years. His hair was tied back neatly in a long ponytail, he was taller, resembling a young man now. His voice was deeper but recognizable as his own. Kaiba stood behind him as his men piloted the jet. He remained the same as ever. Standing tall and arrogantly with his arms crossed, a scowl permanently planted on his face and his white billowing coat flaring behind him unnaturally.