Chapter 25

Joey, Tristan, Tea and Mai all hung around Yugis place that night, playing console games with one another while Atem watched and talked with them. Yugi was ignoring them, lost in his journal in the corner of the lounge. He had read through this book time and time again he almost didn't need it anymore but still, he turned the pages, examining the words and diagrams, going through scenario after scenario in his mind as his eyes glazed over the ink.

"Yuuuuuugi."

"Huh?" Yugi perked up eventually.

"What pizza do you want?" Joey asked as he held the phone to his ear.

"We're having pizza? Umm... Whatever Teas having."

"Alright."

"You okay Yugi?" Tea asked as she climbed up next to him to lean on his shoulder affectionately.

"Yeah. I can't shake the feeling I'm missing something. I've been through this book often enough I can recite it."

"Relax Yugi. If what every one tells me is true then you've got nothing to worry about. Even Atem is confident in your ability." Mai said happily. He put the book down at his feet and rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"I'm confident in my ability to do this, it's what I don't know that concerns me. But your right. I need to take this as it comes." Yugi said.

"Come play a game with us." Tea said happily, dragging him from his place on the couch to join them by the console.

"Keep working yourself too hard Yugi and I'll have to make you relax later." Atem whispered to him internally.

"Keep that up and I'll show you what working yourself hard can feel like." Yugi whispered back to him cheekily.

Sunday.

Yugi waited impatiently in the car with his seat leaning back and legs on the dash, bopping his foot over his knee. It was too early in the morning for the doors to the museum to open but he couldn't sit idly at home. All he needed was his key then he could retrieve the items but even with his clearance the guards would not let him in. So he waited, a hot chocolate warming his fingers and his radio on softly in the background.

Atem was still sleeping within his mind and with how much fun they've been having together over night he didn't expect him to be awake anytime soon.

A blush crept upon Yugis cheeks as he thought fondly of their activities lately. He was excited to give Atem his own body again so he could live among them instead of sharing his body. The perks the come with were enough to drive him to do this. But since they've been together he wanted this even more. Touching him, spending time with him, exploring one another within his mind felt real enough but to actually have him here with him... He wanted this more than anything.

8:00 ticked over and he began moving to leave.

Now the hour had ticked he was permitted entry. The lights were still off and every doorstep echoed down the halls loud enough to wake the dead. There would be minimal staff here today so he wasn't worried about being caught doing this.

Using his ID to let himself through the staff entry and bee lined to his office, switching the light on. He left the door open.. He wouldn't be long and aside from him there were only the guards in this building right now.

He needed his key which he kept in a safe beneath his desk, but to anyone else his desk was built into the floor and couldnt be moved. This key was also the reason he chose not to move his office. He went over to his computer, opened a few programs and clicked a button. When he heard the beep of the security camera chime softly he knew he was good to do whatever he wanted in here until he told the camera to stop looping. The security guards wouldnt suspect a thing.