Chapter 38

"I can't believe what your saying even though you are right before our eyes but if what you say is true then the whole world is in great danger once again and I believe it will be up to you, my Pharoah, to stop him once more." Ishizu said.

"The question is how. Hes got two super strong, super real monsters and the Millenium Items." Joey said

"Not to mention Yugis..." Tea trailed off sadly.

They had him seated on an armchair while Marik examined him closely. His experience with the Millenium Rod has given him a unique perspective and as they talked, recapping them on everything the past few weeks, he searched within Yugi.

"Currently not whole right now." He sighed sadly.

"Can you explain that please?" Atem asked him softly. He had suspected as much but he hoped perhaps Marik would have a clearer understanding.

"Back in your time Pharoah most of the Items were used to separate the darkness from the hearts of people. The Scale to weigh the heart, the Key to unlock the mind and sever the link between the beast and man, the eye to see the creature and finally the Rod to pull it out. Bakura used the Rod to pull the creature out but never severed the link, which means when he pulled out the creature most of what remained of Yugi was pulled out with him. Parts of him remain, but hes empty, like shell fragments of a broken egg." Marik explained.

"Is there any way to get him back?" Joey asked.

"Yes. If you can reunite Yugi with the creature I believe Yugi will be whole again. The trick is getting close enough to do so."

"When his monster... the Silent Magician as Bakura called him, grabbed Yugi he seemed to stare at him for a moment, as if he was searching him." Atem said.

"The Silent Magician was born within Yugi. Essentially he is the dark side of him. It's possible it was curious to see him for the first time." Marik suggested.

"That curiosity may offer your chance to reunite them. If the Silent Magician wishes to return to Yugi then he may betray Bakura to do so. Bakura might control him now but the Silent Magician will always be Yugis monster. For now, he may just be taking advantage of being free." Ishizu suggested.

"So, what. All we need to do is get Yug close enough to that monster without it killing him?" Joey asked.

"And without Bakura killing us?" Tristan added.
"Without the Millenium Items or real monsters of our own?" Tea added as well.

"What about the Egyptian Gods? Pharoah you should still be able to summon them, as you did in the past?" Marik suggested.

"Without a Dia Diankh I'm unable to summon them." Atem said sadly.

"But Bakura wasn't using one to control Silent Magician. How was he managing that?" Tea asked.

"Its possible he's not controlling Silent Magician at all then. He may be unable to summon Diabound as well if thats the case. He might have just set Silent Magician free. This could reinforce the Magician just toying with him." Marik said.

"So thats good right?" Joey asked.

"This could very well work to your advantage. Of course, regardless, this all hinges on how the Silent Magician reacts to Yugi again.

"A....tem..." Yugi squeaked quietly. It was almost inaudible but the sheer surprise that he had made a noise pulled everyone's attention immediately. He made no movement, his eyes still glazed over, but it was certain... he spoke.

Atem moved to him, taking his hand gently and looking into his eyes, trying desperately to get his attention.

"I'm here." He said in a hushed voice, reaching out to him with his heart, hoping beyond anything for a reaction but all he got was the faintest, the slightest twitch of his fingers. None but he noticed, but he felt it... he was trying. What was left of him was trying... so he would to.