16~Overwhelmedness I Feel At This Moment

And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
ूʚ̴̶ .̠ ʚ̴̶ ूƈूʚ̴̶ ʚ̴̶ ूƈूʚ̴̶ .̠ ʚ̴̶ ूƈूʚ̴̶ .̠ ʚ̴̶ ूƈ

How I envisaged my parents' return back to earth, definitely didn't start with me trembling as I looked at my fathers body laying still

How I envisaged my parents' return back to earth, definitely didn't start with me trembling as I looked at my fathers body laying still. Several wires attached to his chest, the monitor screen beeped at an equal rate.

My father's eyes open like he's counting the minutes to his demise. For once that I've ever been in a hospital, I feel hopeless. It felt as though the walls of the large place were closing in on me, having no remorse. Tears spring free like a river from the sea.

"Nari," My dad calls. Immediately, I perk up and stop cowering the door. "What is it?"

"N-nothing, dad."

He chuckles with a cough. "Then come here."

I walk slowly to the hedge of his bed, carefully sitting down. He placed his hands atop mine; his hands felt cold and his face pale. Let me say, he resembled a walking corpse.

A huge tug at my heart when I saw him like this: weak. He was never weak. He's the same man that took me fishing, to the forest, to the park.

Sure, they were times when he acted terribly but I choose to remember the great times.

"Nari." He called with little force.

"Yes, daddy?"

"Why do you cry child? Let me teach it a lesson." Even in his critical condition, he's still strong enough to make jokes. How much of a warrior can reside in him.

"Nothing. It just your-"

"My condition." He finishes. "You should know that whatever happens with me, I'll always leave here." He pokes his index on my chest making me giggle at his childishness.

He is a man with a heart injury and yet he's still making me laugh, he's still making me feel like nothing is going on with him.

"Do you remember that time at the park," he begins. "that boy was staring at you funny but you got so irritated, you threw him off the swing?"

A laugh escapes me. "How could I forget it? You and mom wouldn't let me hear the end of it."

"Yes, you were so full of tantrums."

"I still am." I might not want to ruin this moment now but a question is pricking at the tip of my tongue, forcing me to release it so I'll be free of doubt. "Daddy, what happened on the space ship?"

His expression suddenly changes and his eye harbour coldness. "It was big."

Confusion settles in. "What was big?"