Chapter 2

"Hey foxy~ being saved doesn't come for free y'know? I mean if I wasn't being such a kind mink, you would have frozen down there

"Hey foxy~ being saved doesn't come for free y'know? I mean if I wasn't being such a kind mink, you would have frozen down there...so all I'm asking is just a little green"

You looked at her in shock and sighed.

'I guess Michiru was right, she will ask for something in exchange for her 'kindness' '

"Little?"

Michiru asked with an eyebrow raised at Marie. She looked at you and spoke,

"This is what I meant (Y/N). She doesn't help beastmen voluntarily"

You looked at her and smiled as you pulled out your wallet.

"Oh it's fine. After all, she only asked for 'little'"

You turned to Mink with closed eyes and tilted your head before asking nicely.

"Right Marie? (^ v ^)"

"Uhh...but actually"

"Here"

You handed her a couple of bucks and she only looked at the small amount you gave to her with a face of regret. But you only continued to smile at her. She sighed and started to count it despite knowing it won't reach the amount she wants.

"Don't tell me that's not enough for a 'little' amount of green you asked, right?"

You emphasized the word 'little' because that was exactly what Marie said earlier.

"She did this to me when I first got here and I lost half of my budget"

Michiru spoke.

"Ughh...*sigh This is fine, I guess. I have a stash of these anyway"

Marie mumbled the last part before she bid you and Michiru farewell and left with her speedboat, leaving you and Michiru alone on the dock which isn't a problem. You turned to Michiru and spoke to her,

"Thank you for saving me earlier, Michiru"

"Oh, no problem! That's part of my job"

"So Michiru, you can shapeshift too?"

You asked her as the both of you started to walk from the dock.

"Yeah"

You nodded and Michiru continued

"I actually have a friend who is a fox like you too! Her name is Nazuna, she's a nice person and she's a pop idol. I'll introduce her to you when she's free"

She cheerfully spoke about her friend named 'Nazuna' and she seems to be excited to introduce the girl to you. Which made you think that they must be very close.

"You're also making me excited to meet her too, Michiru"

I smiled at her and she does the same then her eyes widened a bit