Chapter 13

Shirou's POV

Shirou's POV

I just got home from my solo work since Michiru is not around because she said she wanted to stay at home with (Y/N). So I had to do the work all by myself just like how it used to.

But there's a part of me that wished someone else can do my job. I'm not saying that I don't want to be the Silver Wolf, I just hoped I'd get a break sometimes. Like, spend an entire day at home every once in a while.

I am glad and honored that I am the protector of beastman, I love my duty. I love protecting my people. But...I feel like I haven't lived my life.

But I think I may get that rest...since (Y/N) was actually the Kyuubi this whole time, she just hasn't realized it until that power outburst the other day. Maybe she should take care of the city while I take a rest? I find it a great idea but there's something bothering me about it.

'How should I tell her about it? That I'm the Silver Wolf? That I am leaving the city to her temporarily? I bet she doesn't even know any combat skills and things might get messy...No, I don't want to risk it'

"I'm home..."

I mumbled tiredly as I stepped foot into the house.

Once I entered, the scent of Melissa's cooking instantly wafted into my nose and I came to the realization that I arrived just in time for dinner. I decided to waltz into the kitchen, and there I saw Jem and Melissa as usual but they haven't noticed me yet. They're preparing the table and I don't see Michiru anywhere, so she still must be with (Y/N). But all (Y/N) needs is a simple rest, not 24/7 assistance.

So I can't help but furrow my eyebrows at the thought that she didn't help them prepare.

"Huh? It's dinner already? My nap turned into sleep, sor--"

'Speaking of the devil'

"You should've helped, Michiru"

I cut her off mid-sentence as I approached her in the stairway since she was standing on the stairs, rubbing the sleep off her eyes. Then she went fully awake and started waving her hands around as she explained.

"I'm sorry, I accidentally slept! I planned to only take a nap but I ended up sleeping, the weather was just perfect to sleep on!"

'You just assisted (Y/N) in coming back home and you already feel sleepy and decided to take a nap? What about me? I haven't even gotten enough hours of sleep for a very long time because I have a responsibility as the Silver Wolf. I envy all of you mortals...'

I thought angrily as I furrowed my eyebrows further and Michiru noticed the look on my face. With a slightly scared look, she asked,

"You're not cursing me inside your head are you?"

I looked away with an annoyed click of my tongue and began removing my coat angrily, then shoved my hands into my pockets as I looked away from Michiru. Michiru went somewhere but I didn't bother to look where she went off to, but I heard her apologize to the couple.