Chapter 22

In the human city

In the human city

Alan Sylvasta's POV

"Sir, all of us couldn't find any useful piece of information about this girl, we can only find her school records which serve no importance. We can't even find any recent photos of her, Mr. Sylvasta"

"Haven't you tried using your brain in hacking into any of her accounts?"

I asked as I glared at my new assistant, I've been holding the urge to use a harsher tone on him but I have to keep myself collected or this one will disappear the moment he arrived. My assistant visibly shivers in front of me out of, I assume, fear.

"Unfortunately Mr. Sylvasta, her accounts are being protected by the Anima-city's government and it seems that only registered beastmen of Anima-city can view them. Humans do not have access to any beastmen account, Mr. Sylvasta"

He explained with a shaking voice caused by nervousness. I inwardly smirked at the thought of how much fear I instill in people.

'They're really protecting this woman huh'

I sighed in disappointment before massaging my temples. I can feel a headache coming in.

"Just forget about her, she probably has the same powers as Shirou. I've been busy enough planning on how to defeat that man so I can't let another insignificant mutt add more to my worries"

Anger almost resurfaced in my tone, I could only grit my teeth in frustration.

'That old mutt just doesn't understand that I am trying to do what's best for the beastmen'

I gestured for my assistant to leave and he left right away without saying another word. I stood up from my swivel chair and looked out to the glass window behind me, I could see the entire city from where I stood. I looked down at the bustling road below, city lights providing light for the people. I crossed my arms and looked down at them degradingly.

I've been looking for so many ways to be stronger than everyone, even that Silver Wolf, I still have professional scientists work for me and they perform quite well but not as well as the ones I had when the Medical Center in Anima-City was still under my control.

We've been conducting experiments every day but until now, we still aren't successful. Every passing day has become more stressful. If I were just any normal beastman, the Nirvasyly Syndrome would've been activated because of all this stress.

'This is all because of that goddamned Silver Wolf and his tanuki lackey'

I just got too confident and underestimated his powers, was I not strong enough? I am a pure breed beastman and he's not, I should be way above him in all aspects! But why?...why wasn't I able to defeat him that night? Everything was going smoothly as planned but it was all ruined in one single moment.