Chapter 4

"(Y/N), I want you to know that our bloodline is special and you should be proud of our origins

"(Y/N), I want you to know that our bloodline is special and you should be proud of our origins. Our great savior Tamamo no Mae was the first Kyuubi although our elders considered her to a part of the family thus, our ancestor, in fact, she is the Kyuubi but she is mostly known under that alias. She is a majestic nine-tailed fox who protects all beastmen"

"Ooh! Does that mean I have the great Tamamo no Mae as my great-great granny?"

"Fufu. Yes, I suppose you can call her that my sweet peach. Now, since she is no longer alive, someone has to carry on the duty of the Kyuubi because protecting thousands of beastmen is too much for one wolf"

"There's a wolf?"

"Yep, he's also a protector of beastmen and he's a good friend of Kyuubi"

"OOH!! So they're besties!"

"Yes, now back to the story. In order for the Kyuubi to live on and do their duty, Tamamo no Mae will choose a suitable inheritor of her powers from her descendants. We refer to it as her giving a blessing but it has been more than ten years since one of us was chosen"

"Were you chosen, Mom?"

"No, but I am fine with it because I got an even better blessing"

"What is it?"

"You!"

"*giggles* Mom, I want to be the next Kyuubi!"

"...Why my sweet peach?"

"Because I want to protect other people with her powers! Especially you and Dad!"

Your POV

You slowly opened your eyes and saw a differently colored ceiling.

'That's not the color of our ceiling...oh...wait...I literally forgot that I just moved to Anima-City'

You sat up on your bed and placed your feet on the cold wooden floor, you were rubbing your eyes when you felt dried-up tears on your cheeks. You caressed your cheeks gently with a saddened face.

'*sigh* It has been a month since they left this world and I still wasn't able to visit their grave...if they even have one. Everyone is just hiding something from me, that stupid hospital won't even tell me any further information about them!'

You stood up and walked up to the human-sized mirror and checked up on your appearance, especially your hair because some strands are sticking out.

'It was so silly of me to think that Tamamo no Mae or the Kyuubi will choose me as the next inheritor. I'm just an average female beastman with no parents and close friends'

You sighed before you stood straight and walked away from the mirror to prepare for your bath.

'She wouldn't choose someone as pitiful and sad as me'