Chapter 12

You carefully sat up on your bed with Michiru's assistance

You carefully sat up on your bed with Michiru's assistance. Your body is still sore from the sudden power outburst the other day. You were discharged yesterday and you were asked to stay at home and rest for a day or two.

"Thanks, Michiru"

You said and she gave you a gentle smile.

"You're welcome!"

She chuckled shortly before she took a seat on the edge of your bed, facing you with a curious look. You looked back at her and then she began to ask,

"So, how are you feeling about your big role (Y/N)?"

You were silent for a second before you looked down at your bruised hands with eyes of uncertainty. To be honest, you don't have a complete idea of what you should do and where you should even start in this newfound role.

A big-ass role.

You remembered in your younger days that you wanted to be the next Kyuubi. You still do, but you kind of hoped that it didn't happen at such a difficult time. You're still grieving your parents' death and you don't know what to feel. You could be happy but you're still in a state of depression so you really couldn't be optimistic about it no matter how hard you try.

With a shaky breath and a voice close to a whisper, you began,

"I...I'm not sure yet, Michiru. I still haven't grasped this completely but...*sigh. Well, I have to start protecting people at all times now and it's going to be hard that's for sure but I'll do great I guess"

Michiru slowly nodded and places a hand on top of yours, gently gripping it. Then she speaks up,

"You will do great, (Y/N). You are a strong woman, you're in a difficult situation with what happened to your parents and yet you remained strong and did not let your emotions bring you down"

"...Michiru...Thank you...that's so nice"

You said shakily with a smile you tried to muster completely, you were on the verge of crying but you made sure to not let any tear escape your eyes. Michiru gave you a couple of seconds of silence before she asked again.

"So, how are you gonna control your powers now (Y/N)?"

"...Well, shapeshifting is easy for me because I have been using it for some time now. But for the power stuff...I'm not so sure yet but I'm going to do some self-training probably since no one else in this city is like me"

'Ah, if only I could tell you that Shirou is exactly like you. Except for the shapeshifting part'

Michiru thought while she pursed her lips to prevent herself from spilling some beans. Not knowing what to say next to you, she nodded her head instead and removes her hand from yours then placed them on her lap. Michiru looked at you who was looking out in the window with a small smile. Yet, Michiru can see the worry in your eyes.