Chapter 20

2nd Person POV

2nd Person POV

Michiru chose a short RPG game composed of 5 players and that means one in the group will not be joining since there are six of you.

Nina decided without a heavy heart that she won't be playing with them and just watch them play instead. But Lucas, being the bodyguard that wants Nina to enjoy this day the most, objected. He said that Nina will be playing but if ever she's having trouble with the controls or playing in general, he'll take over the controller.

After a couple of minutes of deciding who takes which role, the role that each one took are as follows:

(Y/N)-Archer/(your choice)

Michiru-Swordswoman

Shirou-Werewolf

Nazuna-Healer

Nina/Lucas-Wizard

The huge screen of the machine displays the intro, indicating that the game has started. In the beginning, you were asked to choose the items they will need for their travels in accomplishing one mission, which is a cliche one: defeat the Demon Lord.

When you were all finally set to go, their adventure began, meeting NPCs and killing low leveled monsters along the way to increase your group's overall level. As the heroes traveled farther and farther and closer to the Demon Lord, the monsters they encounter are stronger than the last.

This is when Nina began to have difficulty in eliminating them, so she willfully gave Lucas the controller so he would take the role instead, which Lucas gladfully accepted.

That's where the competition between the cat and the dog slowly began to rise.

"Ah-Why are you stealing my kills, stray cat"

Shirou grumbled with a low tone towards Lucas, gladly, Nazuna was between them because if she wasn't Shirou could've used a little more harsh tone.

"Huh? You were taking too long killing a couple of monsters and it's slowing us down, so I took the kill"

"Steal another kill again and I'll-"

"That's enough. Let's not ruin anything alright?"

You sternly spoke to both of them and they didn't talk back, they just pursed their lips and continued to play. You mentally sighed in relief that they have gone quiet, but it was only for some time.

The competition occurring between Shirou and Lucas was still on, and it's more intense than before anyone could feel the tension. Shirou was now taking the lead, getting more kills unlike before when it was Lucas, and the latter is not pleased about it.

But at least, they were mature enough to not act like brats such as yelling at each other and occasionally throwing insults here and there. They were just silent. There's a cold war going on in the air.