Chapter 9

Once upon a dream

Once upon a dream...

Under the gentle rays of the sun and the calming breeze that brushes against her skin every now and then, a fair lady laid down on the clean grassy field with her eyes closed and her pale hands placed on her waist. She listened to the chirps of the sweet birds and the rustling of leaves every time the wind goes past them.

She was lingering in her own thoughts in the deep corners of her quiet mind, she's thinking of many...many things.

Then suddenly, she smiled before she opened her mouth to speak.

"You need to be quieter if you don't want me to catch you, Shirou"

With a click of his tongue, Shirou walked out in the broad daylight with a slightly disappointed face.

"It's not that, you just have very keen senses that are almost impossible to believe, Tamamo no Mae"

"You don't have to say my entire name"

The lady said after she let out a giggle at her friend's reply. Shirou slowly approached her and sat beside her with his legs crossed, he also had a gentle smile that he has never shown to anyone since the traumatizing incident until now.

Until he found a trusted companion that is worth showing his smile for.

Shirou looked up at the sky and gently spoke,

"You really like it out here, do you?"

"Yes, mostly because of the magnificent view of the skies and lands"

"Hm. I find it weird that you still find a time like this despite the fighting that we do every day"

"Got to enjoy while it still lasts"

Tamamo turns to the man beside her and looks up at him with gentle eyes that have become his weakness.

"Why don't you do the same, Shirou-chan?"

"I'm too old to be called that, Tamamo"

"Whatever you say, anyway what's your reason?"

"I just...couldn't relax at all. I always think about the beastmen out there that needs our protection and saving"

"Shirou-chan, you have to accept that we can't save all of the beastmen in one day. It's just the two of us"

"I know but...it's hard to not think about it"

"Hm...you know what?"

Shirou hummed as he turned his head to the side to face her, then the fair maiden suddenly held both sides of his face and pulled him down to the ground to lay down on the grass with her. Shirou visibly blushed when his face was close to the lady that he have a crush on, Tamamo's hands were still on each side of his face with her lips curved up into a gentle and warm smile.