Chapter 37

"Anything, (Y/N)-chan~"

Your face turned a bit red after he said those words to you. 

"Alright..." 

You pick up the menu gingerly and start to browse through the various foods they serve. Alan looks at you with an intrigued gaze and a mischievous grin, he just really likes watching you react to the things he does and says. Eventually, he starts to check the menu as well with a small grin. 

'Okay, Alan's giving me mixed signals and I don't know how to deal with this...'

You take a small peek at Alan from the top edge of your menu but he sensed your gaze immediately and looked right back at you, making you quickly look away and back down on the menu you're holding. You try to calm your heart down and go back to reading the menu, despite not being sure what these foods really are. Simply because you haven't eaten anything like these before.

After a couple of minutes of thinking, you have finally come to the decision of picking a food that you're a bit sure what it is made of. You put down the menu and looked up at Alan who was already done minutes ago.

"Have you decided, (Y/N)-chan?"

"Yeah, sorry I took so long"

"Don't worry about it, it's only normal. Since this is your first time. So, is it final?"

You nodded and he smiled in return. Alan calls over a waitress and tells her his orders before the waitress also goes over to you and asks for your order. You stuttered as you said your orders because the names are a bit hard to read but you managed to say it anyways, so that should be good.

"Alright, your orders will be ready in a few minutes sir"

"Yeah, yeah, go ahead"

Alan dismissed her almost without a care and boringly looked down at his table. He leans his chest against his knuckles and waits for his order to be served. You picked up on his behavior but decided not to ask about it.

"They say to wait for a few minutes, but one plate takes an hour or even more for them to finish"

He said disappointingly and you decided to just chuckle in response.

"They just say that to not get the customer antsy"

"But I already am"

You just laughed in return and continued to wait and wait.

The atmosphere was silent until Alan broke it when he spoke.

"(L/N), do you miss your home?" 

Your ears perked up when he mentioned 'home' and looked at him.

"Yes, very much, Mr. Sylvasta"

"I see, then I apologize if I slowed you down on your way back home"