Chapter 5

Your POV

Your POV

'Was that Shirou? I think I just saw him inside that building'

You stared at the building for a few more seconds to be sure but the moment you blinked Shirou's figure was already gone.

'I'm probably seeing things right now because of how hungry I am...'

You mentally whined, your stomach has been craving for food for the last fifteen minutes. You're lucky that it didn't make any sound whenever you felt your hunger telling you to eat.

'There's a food stand over there...eating for a bit won't hurt...'

Suddenly, you shook your head and forced yourself to finish the processing of your important papers so you won't have to worry about it the next day. You begrudgingly walked past the tempting food stand and went on your merry way.

You are determined to finish up as soon as possible but you are met with a predicament. You're not sure about the roads and paths in this new city.

'I should've saved a pic of this city's map so I would get this done quickly'

You thought in regret after you decided to make a stop at an empty bench, you've been walking for probably hours and you feel tired...and hungry. But despite the troubles you're having, you cheered yourself up.

'But there's a bright side to this tho, I get to explore the city! I also got to find out through posters that a pop idol named Nazuna Hiwatashi is the symbol of beastmen and she's pretty!'

All of a sudden a bell rang in your head.

'Her name sounds familiar. Nazuna Hiwatashi...Nazuna, isn't that the girl Michiru wanted me to also meet?'

You absent-mindedly spaced out on the bench, thinking about Michiru's friends

'Hold on, Nazuna is a famous pop idol and a symbol and Shirou is a handsome man who works for the mayor which makes him an important person and they're both a friend of Michiru...'

You absent-mindedly spaced out on the bench, thinking about how special or important Michiru's friends are while you're an ordinary new girl in the city. You feel embarrassed at the realization that you're not as special as her friends.

'I feel embarrassed to talk to her now...How is she able to make such friends? Her friends are either famous or important, does that mean she's an important person too?'

You gasped all of a sudden, catching the attention of some bypassers.

'Waaahh!! I don't even know what type of person Michiru is! What if she's a high-profile person and I'm just casually befriending her?!'

Your overthinking made your facial expression look like a patient that just escaped the mental hospital causing you to receive worried and weird stares from the people who passed by.