#27 Easy access

Trigger warning! There's (sexual) assault in this chapter. Be warned.

"Mr. Thompson," I repeat, my voice harsh. I sound just like I do when I tell his boys to get back to work. "Take your hands off of me and step back."

"Come one," he says in a low voice. "Don't tell me you don't want this."

"I don't. And if you don't step away right now, I'm gonna turn around and hit you in the nuts so hard you won't be able to walk for weeks."

He chuckles, one of his hand moving to my breast. "Come on, Caroline..."

I use all my force to turn around and I grab his dick, squeezing as hard as I can. He gasps in surprise, giving me the opportunity to push him further back so I can get a clear shot at his groin. My knee moves up and he cries out in pain, his hands cupping his package.

"It's Miss Collins to you," I tell him, trying to keep my voice from breaking. I was stupid to take him into the teacher's lounge and close the door. He's drunk and I apparently gave him to wrong idea. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "I think you should go home now, Mr. Thompson."

The door opens and Nathan stands there in all his glittering pink glory, taking in the scene before him. He glances from my flushed cheeks to Mr. Thompson standing there, grunting from the pain.

"What. The. Fuck." Nathan pieces it together and he moves over to grab Michael Thompson by his shirt, dragging him away from me. I can see the anger flaring in his eyes, but he doesn't hit him like I feared he would. He just pushes him against the wall, holding him there with just one hand. "Are you okay?" he asks me, his eyes moving over me in worry.

Of course, Elise chooses that moment to walk in.

"What are you doing?" she asks, shocked. "Nate, let go of Michael!"

Nathan does as she says but doesn't take his eyes away from me.

"I'm fine," I assure him. "Nothing happened."

"She kneed me in the groin," Michael Thompson says, his voice hoarse. "That little bitch."

Nathan grabs his shirt again and pushes him into the wall a lot harder than before. "Say that again and I will mess up that goddamn arrogant face of yours."

"Nate!" Elise grabs his arm and gets him to let go. "What's happening?"

Bloody hell. Things would have been just fine. I had a handle on things. If Nathan hadn't walked in here, I would have been just fine. Fuck my life.

"Mr. Thompson is drunk," I say, trying to explain things. "He got a little... handsy."

"Michael!" Elise says in a disapproving tone. "I told you to go home, didn't I? An hour ago, no less. This isn't you."

I don't know how well they know each other, but Mr. Thompson finally leaves the room, muttering his apologies to me.

Elise sighs deeply and turns her attention to me. "It's not smart to take a drunk man into a secluded room, Miss Collins."

"I know."

Nathan grunts in exasperation and he looks like he's about to start hitting walls and throwing chairs. "What the fuck? Michael harasses Caroline and somehow you both sound like this is her fault? Even if she'd been naked and in bed, that doesn't give him the right to do anything she doesn't want! What's wrong with this goddamn society?"

Elise moves over to him and rubs his back soothingly. "I know, Nate, I know. Get a grip, though, will you? Rose is asking for you. We're going home soon and she wants to dance with you one last time."