#34 Too much, too soon, too fast

"What are you doing?" I hiss the moment I see Nathan. I'm happy to see him, but we've been so careful and now he's just standing here, smirking. "What if Annabel-"

"She's out of town," he says with a smile. "And I don't think Mr. Galf gives a fuck about who you're sleeping with."

I rush him inside and an idea hits me so he won't have to wait outside for me again, but I'm not sure how he'll feel about it. First things first anyway. I need to tell him about Elise. We sit down on the couch and I launch into a detailed description of exactly what happened that morning, studying him closely for a reaction. He just sighs and runs a hand through his hair, not affected all that much.

"She does this every few months," he says, rolling his eyes. "She'll suddenly decide that she wants the perfect family for Rose and that I'm the only one who can give it to her. Give it a week. She'll be back to hating my guts soon enough."

I'm not sure if he's right – she truly seemed to think she had a shot – but what do I know? I'm not the one who was married to her. At least I feel like he's telling me the truth, like he always does.

"It bothers you," Nathan observes, his green eyes locking onto mine. A smirk creeps onto his face. "You're jealous."

I grunt and turn slightly away from him. He's right and I hate it. "Yeah," I confess. "I am."

He chuckles. "I expected you to lie and say you're not, but I should know better by now. Your honesty is one of your most appealing qualities." He puts and hand on my face and gently turns it so I have to look at him. "Of course, you have many amazing qualities. Those blue eyes are absolutely breathtaking and don't even get me started on the rest of you..." His eyes travel up and down my body. Even though I'm just in jeans and a T-shirt, he manages to make me feel like I am some sort of sex goddess.

"How long do we have before dinner?" Nathan asks, his voice rough.

I laugh and put a hand on his leg, slowly moving up. "I'm the one cooking, so as long as we want."

He groans when I rub the growing bulge in his pants. "I like the sound of that."

As much as I love the sight of Nathan in his dark grey suit, I like him even more out of it. Our clothes come off quickly and we don't even move to the bedroom. The minute we're both naked, I straddle him on the couch and lower myself onto his length, enjoying how he fills me up.

"Condom," Nathan grunts, his eyes wide.

"Crap," I respond, feeling stupid. I've never been this careless with someone before. Hell, I've never even had sex without a condom before Nathan.

"Never mind," he grunts, grabbing my hips so I won't get off of him. "You're still on the pill, right?"

I give him a kiss and pull his hands away so I can get up and get us a condom from the bedroom. I'm still on the pill, and I didn't want to stop having sex with him, but I am not taking any chances. I know plenty of people have sex without a condom when the girl is on the pill, but I'm just scared to death to end up pregnant. That just isn't going to happen to me unless I'm ready for it. We were stupid about this once before and I beat myself up for it the days after. No more being an idiot.

When I start to walk back to the living room, I yelp in surprise when Nathan comes rushing through the hallway, still naked. He laughs and grabs me, lifting me up to throw me on the bed. I want to ask him what had happened to having sex on the couch, but when he reaches for the box of toys on my nightstand, I immediately understand. My arms are already stretched out above me and I have my wrists willingly waiting by the headboard by the time he finds the handcuffs.