Chapter 14

It's March and yesterday was Joel's birthday, but since I had to go to work at 7:00 am, I couldn't go with them, but thank god, from what I saw on the boy's close friends today, Zabdiel was here and I wanted to avoid him as much as I could.

•••

I grabbed my keys and my bag and went out the door. Today I was walking to work and I felt like listening to music while doing so, and at some point I felt my phone vibrating from a message, so I picked it up.

Hi Bella, it's Zabdiel. I wanted to talk to you, please just let me talk to you. Text me whenever you can.

The urge to reply was bigger than anything, but I was committed to forget about him, so no, I didn't reply, instead I deleted the message before I'll do something stupid.

•••

It was 12:30 pm, and for my surprise the diner wasn't that full, so I checked if everything was okay in my tables, when I saw Erick and Joel walking in and waved at them, making them sit on the counter next to me.

'Hey boys! Sorry once again for not going to your party ' he shrugged his shoulders and gave me the sweet smile he always has

'It's fine Bella, I understood the reasons, and by the way.... Zabdiel asked for you, he said that he really needed to talk to you and he even asked me for you number, he should text you as soon as he can. For the look in his face it seemed really imp-' I had to cut it off from here, I got to start from somewhere and this is it.

'He already texted, but I don't want to talk with him, I need to get him out of my mind, and if I see him, I know what will happen. I don't want to break anyone's heart by making that decision ' while me and Joel were talking I noticed that Erick and pretty quite the whole conversation. 'Hey, what's up with you?'

'I'll have a sandwich and cola please' he said without even looking in my face. I followed his gaze and he watched Genevieve inside the kitchen and all I could do was to smile.

'Yeah, I don't think you really want that sandwich ' Joel laughed at my comment,  and Erick looked at both of us, like it had wake him up. He didn't protest or anything, just looked at Genevieve while composing his posture.

'And you, what do you want?' I asked Joel while pointing my finger at him

'I'll have the same' I gave him the menu with sandwiches for him to chose and I was about to give Erick one too, but someone distracted him

'Hey, hum... I know this will sound crazy and stuff, but...' I've known him for a while know, and I never saw Erick stuttering so much as he is right now '... hum,woul...would you mind giving me your number?' And, for mine and Joel's surprise, she nodded and she wrote her number on a piece of paper, sliding it to him. Erick seemed cool while she was here, but once she walked back in the kitchen,  that boy danced like a crazy chicken, making me and Joel burst a laugh.

•••

It was 5:00pm and I was walking out of the grocery store and all I wanted to do was to get home, take a bath and just exist in my bed.

As I arrived home and opened the door, the smell of food hitted me and I almost lost my mind with that smell. Walking into the kitchen I saw Diego cooking and I smiled at him as he turned to see me as I put the bag on the counter.

'Hey babe! I hope you don't mind me cooking, I asked Olivia to let me in to make you a surprise ' I didn't deserve him, the things this boy would do for me are insane, and I'm dumb for not reciprocating the way that I would like to, not until I fully forget about Zabdiel.