Braces & Retainers

Dedicated to all of you - including me - that have had to endure the painful and uncomfortable feeling of braces and retainers on their teeth in their lives. I'm deeply sorry for your discomfort.

Robbie: since doctors are dicks, they made the dentist give Robbie a full headset that winds round his entire head and has wire sticking out of his mouth. When she sees it Cat instantly runs to him and consoles him - whilst also calling them a burden and telling him he'll now be even more of an outcast, whoops - which cheers him up because Cat is paying a lot of attention to him, but sadly can't fully distract him from the anger directed to the doctor who made him spend the next few years looking like this.

Cat: every time she goes to get them tightened she chooses different shades of pink - although after a while, the dentist runs out of shades and so Cat from then on trudges around the halls with repeat shades, thinking she looks less bouncy with braces colours she's already coordinated looks to.

Beck: somehow still looks hot even though he has the braces on for three years and has to wear the ugliest-looking retainers every night. You thought that turning over in the middle of the night and waking to the hideousness would be spooky, but it's only spooky how well he pulls it off. How does everything suit him, even braces and retainers? One of life's great mysteries...

Tori: pulls a strop as large as Trina's because she thinks they both make her look uncool. In reality, she looks completely normal and still has the same number of guys lining up wanting to date her, but she can't be unconvinced that she looks like the Creature From The Swamp. Naturally, Jade agrees.

Jade: she never told you she ever had braces or still have retainers every night, so naturally on your first sleepover when you roll over in bed and open your half-awake eyes and see the jet-black glow-in-the-dark retainers shining from Jade's open mouth, you get scared so much you fall out of bed. It doesn't help when she hears you thump onto the floor, wakes up, turns on the light, sees you recovering from shock, and starts lisping on at you angrily about how, 'eyou are thuch a baby.'

André: when he gets told he has to wear the retainers every day for the first week he has them, he's so upset by not being able to sing properly with them in he takes the full week off of school. You visit him every day to bring him homework and find him locked in his room away from his grandma (who has been less than comforting about the situation and keeps referring to her grandson as 'the disembodied lisping from next door'), writing songs and being childishly annoyed he can't make out with anyone as the retainers are too large for anyone's tongue to get in there.