Chapter Eighteen

The next morning, he served her breakfast in bed and she thanked him with a sincere smile.

"I just got an email." She passed him her iPad when he was about leaving the room.
He read through and smiled lovingly.

"That's nice. So you'll be going to Abuja next week?"

"I don't know yet. Dunno if I should take it." She sipped her tea.

He sat down beside her, dropping the iPad on the bed.

"You should go hun. Endorsement from jiji is a huge one. At least, listen to their terms and conditions first."

"Will you go with me?" She asked, making a puppy face.

"Ask again." Michael teased.

"Please go with me." She purred like a baby.

"Alright hun. We're in this together. I'll pick you up at 6:30. We're having dinner at cheraton."

He pecked her and left the room while she giggled like a baby.
She got her phone out and texted Kelvin. He replied immediately, congratulating her and wishing her marriage all the happiness.

Michael turned on his phone to make a phone call and realised he had a message. He was on his way to the office.
He opened it and it was from Sarah. He called her immediately.

"Are you sick in the head?" He barked as soon as she picked the call.

She stammered at her end, not sure of what to say.

"I'm trying to work on my marriage and the hell, you're ruining everything from that end. What if my wife had read that message?"

"I'm.... I'm sorry Mich..... Sir."

"Whatever. Messages like this would cost you your job that you wouldn't be needing someone to get you intoxicated for you to write a resignation."

"I'm sorry Sir."

"Better."

He hung up and fixed his eyes back on the road. This was what he would have done earlier but he had let her bedroom prowess ruin him. He swerved left and turned to the block that housed his company.

Sarah lowered her head on the table and cried. He had purposely sent her to this place so he could move on with his life. He had used her and dumped her.
A call came in and she picked without looking at the ID of the caller.

"You screw well you know."

"Who's this?" She asked, cleaning her teary face.

"Come to the restroom and see for yourself."

"Greg?"

"Yes baby."

"I......."

"Miss Sarah?" Her boss walked into her office.

She quickly dropped her phone and stood up.

"You look pale. Are you still sick?"

"No madam. I'm fine now, thank you."

She looked her over.
"See me in ten minutes. We need to go through some files for the board meeting tomorrow. I had to come myself so you won't give me the " you forgot" line. Ten minutes."

"Yes madam."

The boss lady walked out of the office and she picked her phone. Greg was still on the line.

"Greg?"

"I heard. I'll see you after closing hours. I need to teach you some lessons for being a naughty girl."
She smiled. She was getting turned on already.