Chapter 31

"I'm sorry Mike. I don't know what came over me. I promise that it'll never happen again. " She cried.

"How long has this been going on?" He asked calmly.

"We..... We are just getting to know ourselves Mike. "

"I ask again Amara, how long has this affair been going on? "

"I swear on......... "

"Just shut up. Swear on what? Do you think I'm a fool? Amara, do you think I'm a fool? "

He picked up the bottle and opened it, forgetting his earlier resolve not to drink.
He drank straight from the bottle and almost choked. He stared at Amara where she was kneeling.

"You ruined my life. You have messed me up so badly that I don't have a face anymore. Which man, in his sane thoughts will put his wife's younger sister in the family way? I believed all the lies you told me about Claire even when it was obvious you were lying to me. "

He drank again.

"I hate you so much that I want to kill you. How dare you do that to me? How dare you? "

"I'm sorry Mike. Believe me, I've never cheated on you, I was angry that you were giving Ebere all the attention, I wanted to......... "

"why won't I? She's better than you. She's everything you're not. She's.......... "

She listened as he compared the both of them, with her being the bad person of course.
His words hurt her but she still stood there, asking to be given.

"Claire did nothing and I sent her out of my life, why then will you stay? I don't want you in my life again. Go home, pack your things and leave my house. Whatever you need, I'll provide till the child is born, we'll go for a DNA test and you know what that means."

"What? Michael are you........ "

"Please leave. "
She stared daggers at him before leaving the room, cursing inwardly.
She'll leave but that will be if ebere leaves with her. If she doesn't have Michael, no one will. Not even her so called sister.

********""
Michael sat on the bed and wept. He needed someone to talk to. He picked his phone again and scrolled through his contact. Kelvin.
He shook his head. He had wronged Kelvin and that was why he was supporting Claire.
He dropped the phone and picked it up again before touching the dial icon.

***********
Kelvin was going through the pictures Claire was sending him on whatsapp when his phone started ringing. Michael.
Why was he calling? Maybe he remembered Clair's birthday or he wants to invite him to his wedding to Amara. Any of the two, only one way to find out.

"Man." Kelvin said as soon as he picked the call.

"I..... Kelvin I saw Amara with a boy." Michael cried.

"Wait. Are you crying? What exactly were they doing? Where did you see them?' Kelvin asked, concern laced in his voice.

To his surprise, Michael broke down, crying uncontrollably.

"The same thing I did to Claire. She's doing it to me. Kelvin I should have listened but.... .."

"Where are you? "

"Geogold. I came here from........ "

"Be there. I'll book a flight now and I'll be in Lagos as soon as possible. Hang in there alright. You're a strong man and I trust you'll be fine till I get there."

He hung up and quickly got up from the bed.
He would call Gertrude and Chief and inform them but meanwhile, he has a journey to make.

***********
Amara walked into the house with bloodshot eyes. How dare he? He had called her names. Was she like this before? They all had a hand in this. Starting from Kelvin, claire and then Michael. They had led her to this path and left her to deal with it all alone. Now, Michael wants to do same but that would be over her dead body. She looked around the sitting room and spotted her target coming out from the dinning area. It was time to attack.