Chapter 20

"Claire, i won't say we met here by coincidence, you know, fate has a way of playing with us and as humans, we just sit and watch how things unfold." he breathed out and reached out to hold her hand which she willingly offered.
"I love you Claire. i love you so much that i wanna hate myself for letting you poison my system this bad. Believe me Claire. i will never let you be sad or try to ruin your happiness. i know you are a married woman and i've got no stand in your life that is why i want you to help me fight this. help me Claire, i wanna stop thinking about you, i want to move on with my life, i want to be happy even if you're not my woman, i want to be able to get you out of my system. i want to be everything i was before you came into the picture. Claire, let me go, please." he cried.

she opened her eyes and the tears ran down. why was she crying? why was she feeling so hard for him? why was his words getting to her? why does she have this sudden feeling in her stomach like there were butterflies living inside?

He sobbed, surprised at his own show of emotions.
He raised his head to look at her and their eyes locked, staring deep into their hearts.

"I love you Claire. I wish to make you my woman forever, i want to spend the rest of my life waking up beside you, sharing your troubles and happy moments, i want to.........."

"Phil please stop. You're putting stupid thoughts in my head and i don't like it." she stood up and moved away.

He stood up and went after her, standing behind her and holding back the urge to hold her in his arms.

"you don't like it or you don't wanna admit that you're in love with me?"

His accusation hit hard and she spun around, facing him with anger and fury boiling in her system.

"Phil leave my room right now, just get out."

"i will leave Claire but stop pushing aside this feeling you have for me, stop hiding it, don't bury it, let it grow Claire."

Following her silence, he pulled her closer and tried to kiss her but she responded with a slap on his right cheek.

"Yes, yes Phil, i feel for you, i have this feeling for you that i hate myself for it, i hate myself for being so stupid and gullible to let this stupid feeling dwell in my heart, despite my being someone's wife. You disappeared and it foolishly went away but then, you've come back again, no matter what you feel, no matter what i feel, i'm someone's wife so you should quit disturbing your head over me, let me be." She screamed, tears running down her pretty face.

To her surprise, he started laughing like a lunatic.
He walked to the door and stopped.

"It's enough that you've told me exactly how you feel about me, you don't know how happy you've made me Claire."

He wiped a stray tear from his cheeks
"I wish you happiness Claire. i understand that love is more of giving happiness. Be happy, even if it's without me. i'll still love you beautiful one."

With a courtesy bow, he left the room.
She slumped on the bed and broke down automatically, memory of their first kiss came to her head and she cried more. IF ONLY

******
The ringing of his phone made him sit up from the bed. Why was she calling him?

"what do you want this time? i told you that whatever we had was in the past and it was over. why are you......"

"calm down baby. hope you saw the pictures i asked to be sent to you?"

He cursed, why didn't his thoughts go to her direction?
"it was you?"

"of course honey. Wait, don't tell me you're doing nothing about it o. How can......."

"Amara, there's something called trust and i'm sure you haven't heard about it."
He waited for a reaction and when he got none, he continued;