Part 15

Part 15: The Truth Hurts

?????: We have to make this quick before someone see's us.

A Grunt was ordering his partner around.

?????: we will no need to worry.

The second Grunt inform his partner.

They ended up oiling up the area they plan to burn. When they saw an old beat-up white cat with bear spots in his fur and knotted up tail. The cat was close to what they had to burn. One of the Grunts grabs a match and the cat started to hiss at the two quite loudly when the one with the match lights him on fire the cat started to run and cry due to being on fire and then the Grunt lights the object they were after on fire.

______________

Luke was clearly horrified but what he's been through he was now in the hospital that's where Chief Roach took him after finding him. One of the doctors looked him over he had rope burns on his wrists and a few cuts here and there but nothing too bad.

Normally a patient would be able to leave a few hours over something like this, but Luke was shaking a lot every time a doctor went up to him, he would get scared and scream at them.

His teacher that reported him missing was coming by to see him after she was done teaching for the day, but they really didn't change anything.

Roach was outside of Luke's room resting his head with his hand sitting in a chair out in the hallway he could hear Luke screaming at the doctors through the wall it made him feel sick this kid was so young who in their right mind would do this to him he's only 12 for crying out loud.

Then someone touched his shoulder he was thinking it was a doctor but to his surprise it was Andrew one of his officers who was still checked in the hospital due to some suspects trying to kill him while on duty he takes a set next to Roach he was slow getting around and was walking around with a cane.

Roach: I wasn't expecting you to be walking around just yet.

Andrew: The doctors said the same I can't wait to be able to go home the sooner the better and then I can get back on the job.

Roach: I won't have you back on the force for a while I hope you understand that besides I'm here with a kidnapped victim who was found a few hours ago and.......

One of the doctors rushed out of the room the door to the room lightly smacking Roach.

Luke: Leave me alone you're scaring me!!!!

Roach and Andrew could hear the poor kid scream. Roach quickly closed the door to his room and caught up to the doctor.

Roach: so, has he said anything to you?

Doctor: not a thing sorry Chief

Now what Roach thought to himself? Andrew got out of the chair and walked to Roach.

Andrew: let me talk to him sir.

Roach shakes his head no.

Roach: I don't think that's a good idea besides why would I your off duty will be for a while?

Andrew: I think I can talk to him I was dealing with a life treating thing with people myself maybe just made I can get something out of the young kid.

Roach didn't like it he sighed and nods his head and watched Andrew walk in the young boy's room.

_____________

A few minutes later Roach got a call on his cell phone he pulls his phone from his pocket and answers.

Roach: speak to me?