Eight

I got dressed, curled my hair and walked downstairs to hear Fallon complaining about coffee

"Come on Steven. No witty repartee. You're not still on the lather about Stansfield are you?" Fallon asked as I walked in.

"No just been slammed with foundation stuff and I'm late." Steven said.

"Dude have you ever heard of this thing called smiling? You should try it once in a while." I said as I grabbed a plate and started making my breakfast. Steven just walked away.

"Morning." Dad said walking in.

"Good morning sir." Anders said. "The Carrington Atlantic gift strategists are on their way. Should I set them up in the study?"

"Please." Dad said as I sat next to Fallon.

"Gift strategists?" Fallon asked. Her and Dad went back and forth talking about business stuff.

"Do I get one of these gifts too?" Sam asked.

"No. You're life's been one big Christmas morning since you arrived." Fallon said as Dad walked away.

"So I know what we're going to do today." I said to Fallon.

"Did you just quote that tv show you used to watch and had an obsession with?" Fallon asked.

"Why yes yes I am." I said.

"What's up with you today? You seem really really weird." Sam asked.

"It's because it's almost Christmas and her birthday. This mess happens every year same time." Fallon said.

"So what are you going to do about the client gifts you don't have?" Sam asked Fallon.

"Like I said it's in the works." Fallon said.

"You're dad might fall for your act but he gives you more credit than you deserve. We all know that you have a blind spot when it comes to thinking about other people. Except Gabbie." Sam said.

"I have no blind spots. I see all spots. Just like I see you eating your croissants while you may, trying desperately to claim a seat at this table. But unless you're a Carrington or work for a Carrington no one cares what you think." Fallon said standing up. "Especially not me." Fallon said walking away. "Gabbie."

"Yeah?" I called.

"I'm going shopping you coming?" Fallon said.

"Sure." I said standing up. I followed Fallon to Culhane's place. She opened the door and walked in.

"Hey we need a shopping partner and a ride." Fallon said walking in. We turned to see Kori fixing her sleeve. "Ahh looks like someone already got one."

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" Kori asked.

"I do knock just not when I'm with Fallon." I said.