Thirty-Two

The house was being decorated for Christmas meanwhile the rest of us were being questioned by FBI about the disappearance of Little Blake. I was in Sam's room with Dad, Fallon, Kirby and Agent Harper when Sam walked in.

"This is Little Blake. I took it just a few days ago." Sam said handing Agent Harper a photo.

"And now nutjob Claudia Blaisedel kidnapped him." Fallon said.

"And that's the person you believe is the mother." Agent Harper said.

"I know you can't write this stuff." Fallon said.

"Who's the father?" Harper asked.

"Our son Hank. He left the baby on the door step along with a note telling us how dangerous Claudia is. Sam and my other son Steven were planning on adopting him. Agent Harper you should know this woman has a vendetta against my family." Dad said.

"It's true. I found a photo of her crashing our wedding in a hideous coat." Sam said.

"I think she targeted my son and I think that she was the one who shot my wife Cristal. Not Hank like we first thought." Dad said.

"I don't know this chick but she's obviously not a great Mom she left behind his favourite things. His pacifier and his teddy. I think you should put that in your report." Kirby said.

"Thank you Nancy Drew but we'll take it from here. Look respect to your windbreaker and everything but you have to trust us. Claudia has a case of the crazies and this baby is in serious jeopardy." Fallon said.

"Hey Harper, former nanny just arrived. Wilcox is handing it." An agent said walking in.

"Manny? I'm so glad he's here." Sam said.

"I should probably go say hi." Kirby walked out.

"You know that this an investigation not a mixer right?" Sam asked going after her.

"Do what you need to do. Just find this woman and find my grandson." Dad said.

"Don't worry Mr Carrington. I have a unit setting up checkpoints around the city perimeter so likely Mrs Blaisdel hasn't been able to get very far." Agent Harper said. Fallon, Dad and I shared a look.

I went up to my room and Austin walked in.

"We need to talk." I said.

"Can this wait? I've gotta get to work." Austin said.

"I'm a Carrington so I have trust issues which means you sneaking around is making me freak out. So if we're gonna be in a relationship I need you to be honest with me Austin. Where were you last night?" I asked.

"Out with my friends. You know the boys from football." Austin said.

"You weren't. I was playing video games with them all last night and I was on call with Spencer who was at home." I said. "Where were you?" I asked.

"Out. I can't say where." Austin said.

"If you're not going to tell me the truth I can't be in a relationship with you. I can't. We're done." I said taking off the promise ring and handing it to him.

"What? You're serious?" Austin asked.

"I've been lied to too many times. I don't tolerate liars. I'm a nice person not a stupid one." I said.

"Let's just talk." Austin said.

"Until you tell me were I don't wanna talk to you." I said.

"You're just being childish." Austin yelled.