Thirty-one

I walked downstairs to the living room to see people in weird costumes stood in front of Fallon and Culhane. I sat down on the couch.

"Happy birthday." Fallon said.

"Thanks." I said opening my laptop up.

"So you're spending your 21st birthday with your laptop and emails over your boyfriend?" Culhane asked.

"I haven't seen my boyfriend since he came to check on me after the club thing." I said. Fallon and Culhane went back to planning their wedding.

"The whole antebellum theme is giving me Get Out vibes." Culhane said.

"Ooh, no. No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no." Culhane sunk back in his chair while Fallon smirked. Dad walked in

"Since you're in the process of planning your wedding, I'd like to request that I give the last
toast after your brother. We should skip your mother altogether. Also, I was thinking, in the spirit of new beginnings, you should make Cristal a bridesmaid." Dad said.

"Oh. Are we discussing the wedding?" Mom asked walking in. "Well, I've been working on my guest list, and I've whittled my "must" invites down to 350." Mom said.

"Wait, you know 350 people yet you spend 24 hours 7 days a week bugging us lot?" I asked.

"Everyone, this is Manuel, the new manny." Sam said. "Also happy birthday Gabbie." Sam hugged me. Everyone stood in shock.

"Manny the manny? That can't be real." Fallon asked.

"Can you make sure he gets a seat at the adult table?And also, I'd really appreciate it if you could ban other guests from wearing leopard print. That's kind of my aesthetic." Sam said.

"No. No. No. To everyone. Your job will be to simply show up and shut up. In that order. Minus Gabbie maybe." Fallon said.

"Fallon is right. It's her special day and we should do whatever she wants." Cristal said.

"Thank you, new Cristal. Okay. Everybody out. Except for Culhane. We need to find our iconic venue." Fallon said.

"Wait can we go back? To birthday." Mom asked.

"It's my 21st that's all there is to it." I said standing up and walking out. I walked up to my room and changed.

Fallon walked in as I was finishing my makeup

"Woah. Is Austin taking you on a date?" Fallon asked.

"Nope. I'm going out with Kaitlyn and Nate. I text Austin inviting him but he didn't respond." I said. Fallon handed me a box.

"Open it. It's your birthday present." Fallon said. I opened the box to see a Microsoft surface pro 7 with a keyboard and stylus. "You're always bulking around your MacBook so I thought this would be better." Fallon said.