Thirty-five

I was stood with Culhane and Dad in his study and Dad was trying to show us his mascot ideas

"So, I think Cassius Cardinal is the best mascot option. He's small, but he's fierce." Dad said.

"We're supposed to be presenting a mission statement to our board." Culhane said.

"Our mission is to entertain the crap out of our fans. I'm talking performers and fighter jets. Hey. Find me some trained cardinals to fly around during games. Okay, that's enough. Go." Dad said the mascot guys left.

"We need to find more substantial messaging. Our star is homegrown. We focus on creating a strong local community." I said.

"I'm thinking of a "Together we will rise" philosophy, one that speaks to the all-inclusiveness of our team and fans." Culhane said.

"Yeah, it's heartfelt." Dad said.

"Exactly." I said.

"It's heartfelt mumbo jumbo. That's not why people watch sports. I know what's best for my team." Dad said.

"Our team. Then why don't we just present both? Put it up for a board vote." I said.

"Fine with me. It's a waste of everyone's time." Dad said.

"We'll see." Culhane said.

I went to get ready for my date with Sterling

I went to get ready for my date with Sterling. As I was walking past Fallon's room she stopped me.

"Where are going dressed like that? Going to see a special someone?" Fallon asked.

"Maybe. It's nice to know your depression session doesn't stop you teasing me. I'm glad you haven't gone that far." I said fixing my hair as the door knocked and Cristal walked in.

"What do I have to do to get a little peace in this house?" Fallon asked.

"I don't know. You tell me. It's been the same song for the last hour." Cristal said

"You are now a human "do not disturb" sign. Go. Guard the door." Fallon told Jack one of the staff members.

"Is there anything I can do? Would touching my hair
make you feel any better? I put in extra conditioner today." Cristal asked sitting on the bed