Twenty

After spending the night at the hospital I stumbled into the dining room and sat next to Fallon.

"Where the hell have you been all night?" Steven asked.

"Hospital." I mumbled putting my head on Fallon's shoulder. Cristal looked at me.

"Have you been crying?" Fallon asked looking at me. I shrugged.

"I think it would be considered sobbing." I said. Austin walked in looking like a zombie.

"Bedroom?" I asked.

"Bedroom." Austin said.

"Ah is this the boyfriend?" Mom asked.

"That would be me." Austin said.

"Austin this is Alexis Carrington, my mother aka the wicked witch of the manor and Georgia." I said. "Just pretend she's not there it's easier." I said.

"Gabbie." Steven said.

"What?" I asked.

"Can you comprehend a conversation now or should I just call you later to talk?" Steven asked.

"You've done it again. We've been over this." I said.

"Will Steven get a answer that's more than four words now or should he wait till later?" Fallon asked.

"Later because Meh." I said walking away. Austin and I walked into my room and collapsed on my bed. We cuddled in bed as the door opened.

"Gabbie, will you go with Sam to the Colby Co board meeting so I can sell him back my 25% back to him?" Fallon asked.

"With your lawyers?" I asked.

"Yes. Wear something nice." Fallon said.

"I will." I said.

"Are you two going to the La Perla party?" Fallon asked.

"Don't know what that is." Austin groaned.

"It's a fashion show with alcohol." I said.

"I doubt I'll go." Austin said.

"What about you Gabs?" Fallon asked.

"I don't know." I said.

"You should go. You need some sort of fun and you'll get to avoid your mom." Austin said.

"Don't get me started on that woman." I said. Austin laughed pulling me closer to him.

"Bye you two." Fallon said walking out.

"Gabbie. I need to tell you something." Austin said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"My father is on his deathbed. They don't know how long he's got and I'm scared." Austin said.

"I'm so sorry." I said wrapping my arms around him.

"I think I'm gonna head to the hospital. I'll see you later." Austin said kissing my head then running out. I walked downstairs to Dad's study to see him talking with Cristal.

"Gabbie, what can I do for you?" Dad asked. I closed the door behind me.

"James Culhane. Do you have something to do with his illness?" I asked.

"Why would you think I did?" Dad asked.

"Because I know your using our name to pull strings to get my boyfriend's father into clinical trials and the best doctors and treatment. You'd never do something like that without a reason." I said.